Worksessions updating loses materials

• Hi,

When working with worksessioned files, if materials are changed in the reference file, then the file is updated the new parts appear white.

If you then detach and reattach the whole model is white.

I have to shut down rhino and start again to get the materials back.

Whats going on here?

Tom

• Have you experienced this in previous releases of Enscape as well, if not, then can you also try to reproduce this with our latest preview? Please get back to me if that doesn't help what so ever.

• Demian Gutberlet to answer your question, this issue has been an issue for all versions of Enscape including the latest. It also applies when linked blocks update. All material will get lost and becomes white. Really hoping that this can be fixed. It extremely slows down the work flow of larger complex projects. Thanks.

• Demian Gutberlet to answer your question, this issue has been an issue for all versions of Enscape including the latest. It also applies when linked blocks update. All material will get lost and becomes white. Really hoping that this can be fixed. It extremely slows down the work flow of larger complex projects. Thanks.

I'm very sorry to hear about that. In this case I'm gonna forward this as a dedicated bug report to our developers to see what they can do - this may actually caused by some technical limitations, but I'm gonna report back in case I have any further news.

• Hi Demian, just wondering if there has been an update to this thread? We have a pretty complicated project with many elements that we always worksession in Rhino. The problem still persists even with the latest version of Enscape where if we have to update something it turns all the materials in that file to white. The only fix we have so far is to reopen the worksession if anything gets updated...which is not the optimal workflow.

• Hi Demian, just wondering if there has been an update to this thread? We have a pretty complicated project with many elements that we always worksession in Rhino. The problem still persists even with the latest version of Enscape where if we have to update something it turns all the materials in that file to white. The only fix we have so far is to reopen the worksession if anything gets updated...which is not the optimal workflow.

Thanks a lot for your post!

I'm sorry to hear about that. This should've been resolved in a previous or at least current version of Enscape, so in that case can you kindly also provide me with a dedicated feedback report from your machine as described here:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

In the submission form, please also add a link to this thread for reference, that would be very helpful and important. :)

Thank you in advance!