undet for sketchup - renders file unuseable

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • hi there,

i am currentlly evaluatting undet for sketchup, its a point cloud tool..

however after inserting point cloud into sketchup, enscape 2.7 wont show the render and actually alos makes sketchup crash ...

maybe the staff guys can have a look... being able to view the point clould in vr is not a acutal need, however having the scene destroyed by it, also, rather not :)

best, franz8o

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• Official Post

Well, I'm afraid point clouds are not yet supported by Enscape. This is on our agenda filed as a feature request, which has quite some demand already - but there is no ETA yet when support will be implemented.

• ah ok - thx for info!

but any chance you could look into why undet is rendering skp files useless for enscape? maybe there is a fast ( i know there never is ) way to fix this isssue:-)

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• Official Post

ah ok - thx for info!

but any chance you could look into why undet is rendering skp files useless for enscape? maybe there is a fast ( i know there never is ) way to fix this isssue:-)

Pardon if I'm not fully grasping the system behind undet but, if you use that plugin to import point clouds, and then try to use Enscape, it would make sense that it does not work. Or do you mean it renders them useless forever, even when removing the point clouds again? :)

If you have the option to export any of the point clouds of yours as geometry, then that would be totally fine with Enscape of course.