Enscape Asset - Aspen Tree

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I know this is a longshot, but anyway to get a better looking Aspen tree, within the next few days?

The current one isn't the best looking. Working out of Revit, so I am unable to use custom assets.

Have a deadline for a client presentation and ideally want something that's both good looking and matches landscape's planting.

I doubt this will get done, but worth a shot :)

• We could use a lot more high quality plants in general. The ones from Evermotion are great, but there are only a select few to choose from. Also, currently they're primarily trees, but smaller plants are necessary as well. Really looking forward to seeing more quanitity/variety in the upcoming versions, not to mention blowing in the wind!

The new vegetation from Twinmotion 2020 (from Megascans/xFrog) should be the quality standard to shoot for ;)

• Official Post

I know this is a longshot, but anyway to get a better looking Aspen tree, within the next few days?

The current one isn't the best looking. Working out of Revit, so I am unable to use custom assets.

Have a deadline for a client presentation and ideally want something that's both good looking and matches landscape's planting.

I doubt this will get done, but worth a shot :)

I'm afraid, while chances are good that more Aspen trees will find their into our Asset Library, probably not very very soon.

Also, currently they're primarily trees, but smaller plants are necessary as well. Really looking forward to seeing more quanitity/variety in the upcoming versions, not to mention blowing in the wind!

Looking forward to the wind system plus the animations as well! I've seen a short preview from our developers and it already looks pretty good. Forwarding your request as well to have mot smaller plants in our library - any specific wishes maybe?

• Demian Gutberlet , Some smaller plants to add could be: feather grass, bottlebush, deer brush, brittlebush, oregano, ocotillo. One thing to keep in mind when choosing smaller plants to add to the library is to mix up both manicured and un-manicured plants. There are plenty of perfectly cut plants out on the market (evermotion, cgtrader, ect.) for us to buy or download. Where the plants in the library greatly benefit my firms workflow is filling in the the sites as-is natural elements in each scene.

• @Demian Gutberlet I agree with adding a larger variety of plants, especially bushes/ flowers. There is a lack of long grasses ( feather grass or fountain grass are good ones) and flowering bushes or trees. Right now the majority of plants are the same shade of green so it would be nice to have ones with more color, like a western redbud or crape myrtle. Right now we are having to use Photoshop or Archivision for those so it would be awesome to have it all in Enscape and cut out those programs/steps.

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet , Some smaller plants to add could be: feather grass, bottlebush, deer brush, brittlebush, oregano, ocotillo. One thing to keep in mind when choosing smaller plants to add to the library is to mix up both manicured and un-manicured plants. There are plenty of perfectly cut plants out on the market (evermotion, cgtrader, ect.) for us to buy or download. Where the plants in the library greatly benefit my firms workflow is filling in the the sites as-is natural elements in each scene.

@Demian Gutberlet I agree with adding a larger variety of plants, especially bushes/ flowers. There is a lack of long grasses ( feather grass or fountain grass are good ones) and flowering bushes or trees. Right now the majority of plants are the same shade of green so it would be nice to have ones with more color, like a western redbud or crape myrtle. Right now we are having to use Photoshop or Archivision for those so it would be awesome to have it all in Enscape and cut out those programs/steps.

Yes, ornamental grasses, and small ornamental trees would be excellent! (In addition to redbud and crepe myrtle, would also like dogwood, flowering and non-flowering states.)

Thank you so very much for all the feedback guys. :) Very valuable - be assured that all of it will be forwarded to our 3D Artists accordingly for review.

• While I'm here, i'd like to see more CA / ARIZONA DESERT varieties

1. Mesquite

2. Pepper

3. Palo Verde

4. Ironwood

I'd also like to see the existing trees (such as ROWAN series) with an ALTERNATIVE to shut off the red flowering parts...

It would help in making these trees more "Generic" so we could suggest our species without actually having to have them.

And I'd suggest targeting on the side of LESS DENSE trees... We're in the business of ARCHITECTURE...

In general, we need more YOUNGER / Shorter / smaller trees.... in the 12' to 20' dia range about 12' to 15' tall...

In addition, we DESPERATLY need the ability to add transparency to all landscape assets to allow BUILDINGS to show thru (when appropriate)…

After having said all that... I want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to the Enscape team... This has become such a vital part of the workflow now and am seeing much greater commentary back from clients.

• There are many users who use Enscape for landscape design and product visualisation - not architecture.

I would like to see some MORE DENSE shrubs that I can use for more realistic hedgerows and verges. (Heather, gorse, yew, birch, cypress...)

Vegetation can be scaled up and down and embedded into ground plane, so I'm not too bothered about heights but I would like to see each asset have at least 4/5 random variations (or maybe not-so random).

I don't think vegetation needs to be transparent, however I think it could be more useful for PEOPLE assets to be transparent.

Basically I think Enscape are doing a good job on trying to balance a massive user-base that covers the globe with a variety of uses. There will always be some things that could be improved for everyone - concentrating on one specific geographic region or user type (or platform) will always make the rest of the people who use the software feel left out, ignored and less important. Well done to the Enscape team for keeping this balance.

• Although I see the need for more variety i use to scale, rotate and flip the vegetation assets to look more random. For SketchUp you can use this PlugIn from Chris Fullmer:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Gadget

I totally agree with your opinion to not make the trees transparent but give the people the option of levels of transparency.

Where I disagree with you, is that the current balance plants in the library is not equal. While you do have a point that focusing on a specific region will alienate other users on the platform, the library is already unbalanced. So, we are trying to just sway the amounts back to equal.

Currently the breakdown of non potted plants on any size in the library is this:

Tropical rain - 12

Temperate forests- 50

Desert- 2

Taiga- 17

Grasslands- 5

Savanna/Tropical Grassland- 4

Palm Trees- 23

Total -113

Now I should point out a lot of trees are ambiguous enough to be added to scenes in multiple biomes much like palms tree. But even if you attribute palm trees to tropical forests, desert, or Tropical grasslands biomes those of us designing in those biomes (especially desert, which makes up 33% of the world) are left out. It should also be noted not even plant in a desert biome is a palm tree (those of us conscious of the environment in the desert try to stay away from palm trees because they use up so much water).

I should also point out this isn't specific to Enscape in particular; Lumion, the Sketchup warehouse, and Twinmotion, all suffer the same kinda ratios. So, since Enscape is so receptive to user feedback, I think its justifiable to see if they can focus more on those of us who don't already have a lot of assets to work with. Overall, keep going Enscape, you guys are doing a great job, just don't leave us out please. Thanks

• (especially desert, which makes up 33% of the world)

Depends on your definitions, but 95% of the world's population live on 10% of the land - should probably be more bias towards the greenary that the majority of people actually see when they go outside.

(In theory there should be waaay more agricultural plants. )

{edit... just thinking: a desert is kinna defined by it's lack of greenary and a rain-forest by it's abundance - that would probably skew the figures too.}

• should probably be more bias towards the greenary that the majority of people actually see when they go outside.

While I wish it was the case that a majority of the people in the world were hiring designers to create renderings of their projects, unfortunately that inst the case. 7 out of the top 30 cities with the wealthiest people are located in deserts. The honest truth is that those people that are going to be the ones hiring us.

If you look at Lumion, there's a high percentage of people assets wearing middle eastern clothing, and that's not because a lot of people in the world wear middle eastern clothing or live in the middle east. It's because the middle east contracts a lot of high end projects that can afford to make these renderings. That's not to say we shouldn't have other plants, I want to be clear about that, we just want a little more love.

Also, contrary to popular belief, excluding the middle of the Gobi desert, deserts actually have a lot of plants. It might not be as green or as abundant but we still have a lot of plants.

• Having read the posts here... I am putting in a vote for …

1. Having a GLOBAL setting to increase transparency in all vegetation

- Not sure how enscape will discern between other assets.... but I guess that's what tags are for.

2. Would love a SCALE slider to enlarge reduce every asset

3. I do like how twinmotion handles vegetation...seasonally

(not really high on my list as I'm working mostly desert... )

• I'm working in Canada, so trees with fall leaves, or trees with no leaves would be very useful.

• Official Post

Thanks to everyone for their further Asset wishes and improvement suggestions which will be forwarded of course. :)