Crashing when trying to Render

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi everyone,

We have been using Enscape relativity happily for quite some time now,

We recently upgraded to GTX 1660 Super's.

Since then, my PC crashes everytime I try to render an image. The bar will show at the bottom and then crash before it loads anything.

I should point out that my colleagues PC is exactly the same and works fine.

I have updated to the latest version of Enscape.

I have also updated my graphics card to the latest driver.

One thing I have noticed is that I get this error when I try to batch render;

GetGraphicsResetStatus() returned 33363

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• I experience this a lot. I believe it may have something to do with my RAM resources. My current hypothesis is if I have Photoshop open with files open and I try to render in Enscape. Enscape + SkechUp will crash. If I close out of PS and do the same render works perfectly. Not fully sure if RAM swapping is causing the crash but the current work-around seems to be helping my situation until I can get more memory.

Current my machine has 32 gb of RAM.

• I experience this a lot. I believe it may have something to do with my RAM resources. My current hypothesis is if I have Photoshop open with files open and I try to render in Enscape. Enscape + SkechUp will crash. If I close out of PS and do the same render works perfectly. Not fully sure if RAM swapping is causing the crash but the current work-around seems to be helping my situation until I can get more memory.

Do you have Photoshop running in GPU mode? This would explain out-of-memory crashes because Photoshop, as well as Enscape, may use really a lot of GPU VRAM.

• Official Post

The easiest way to give you a definite answer to this problem and what it's caused by is to receive a dedicated feedback report with log files generated from your machine. Can you please do that? I do suspect that it's an out of memory issue, but again, we can tell you the exact cause after we had a look at your report. :)

• I am rendering from revit and having the same error -

Vulkan Error: vk::Queue::Submit: ErrorDeviceLost at queue submit.

I have a brand new system, I was rendering the same images last week and now I can't. And it crashes my enscape and my revit.

I did send the report. I have clients waiting on my rendering ...

• Hello PaigeB

Sorry to hear that.

I have a brand new system, I was rendering the same images last week and now I can't. And it crashes my enscape and my revit.

I did send the report. I have clients waiting on my rendering ...

Didn't see your report yet, but.

Something has changed since last week if it worked well back then.

1. Driver update? If so - try to roll back to the previous version.

2. DeviceLost ist very often (but not for 100%) a sign for the insufficient memory. Another GPU memory consuming application running in background? Maybe you changed capture resolution to some huge one?

I hope this will help you to tackle the issue. Otherwise we will see what is wrong from the logs.

• Thanks Alexander - my system has the latest and greatest of everything so I don't believe I have a memory issue.

A shout out to Phil Read (he helped me when I was deciding to purchase Enscape)

I unchecked the RTX Raytracing and was able to render at max resolution (8000 ppi) without any trouble. I sent this information along with my log files to Enscape.

Hope this fix can work for other people.

Paige

• This is the latest problem with Enscape. When I try to load a large model, it churns for several minutes with nothing happening. I close the Enscape window and try to start it again, but this message comes up:

The model is 222 mb, so quite large. I'm running the latest preview version and a 2080ti. I'm about to update my graphics drivers and see if that makes a difference.

• The model is 222 mb, so quite large. I'm running the latest preview version and a 2080ti

222 mb is nothing for Enscape on 2080 Ti ;) If driver update will not help, please contact our support and provide the project file if you can.

• Official Post

This is the latest problem with Enscape. When I try to load a large model, it churns for several minutes with nothing happening. I close the Enscape window and try to start it again, but this message comes up:

The model is 222 mb, so quite large. I'm running the latest preview version and a 2080ti. I'm about to update my graphics drivers and see if that makes a difference.

In addition to sending us the project, if possible, please also kindly send us a feedback report with a link to this thread in the submission form for reference:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Thanks a lot in advance. :)

• 222 mb is nothing for Enscape on 2080 Ti ;) If driver update will not help, please contact our support and provide the project file if you can.

Is a 1.1GB Sketchup model too big for Enscape on a 2080 Ti? When I launch Enscape is gets to about 60% and then I notice the CPU maxes out and then crashes both Enscape and Sketchup. I did send the latest crash/log files the last time this happened.

Thanks for the help,

Evan

• Is a 1.1GB Sketchup model too big for Enscape on a 2080 Ti?

It depends on what takes up that space. With 1 GB of pure geometry data you will very probably have some issues. Not memory related though.

When I launch Enscape is gets to about 60% and then I notice the CPU maxes out and then crashes both Enscape and Sketchup. I did send the latest crash/log files the last time this happened.

We have received it, thank you! According to the logs Enscape detects it is frozen and shuts down. It may be a false positive, because the project seems to be pretty big and some operations may really take longer than expected. We collect such cases to find a good solution. Thank you for providing your case again! It would be great to have the project too to have a repro case to work with, if possible. Contact me via PM if you can share it.

A temporary workaround for you would be to switch to the draft quality mode - freeze is detected while preparing data structures for global illumination rendering.

• Alexander,

Thanks for getting back to me. We were able to get it loaded into Enscape by turning off the RTX Ray Tracing for now.

Unfortunately, I am not able to share the model as it is confidential.

Demian responded with this:

"I'm afraid, this looks like an issue we've recently discovered and fixed today. A fix will be contained in an upcoming version very soon, there is I'm afraid no workaround available at least with the current version of 2.8 just yet."

As you are a developer, would you be able to try and explain what the issue is/was? So we may better understand?

Thanks for your help,

Evan

• emcminn it was a multithreading issue. Geometry data could have been modified in one thread, while the other one was processing this data. This bug was for a long time there already, it's just occasion that with 2.8 it started to be a problem, due to some other changes and tweaks. As it usually happens with undefined behavior bugs which are hard to identify and reproduce.