If you add the ability to sharpen interior shadows, then I will buy the full license immediately.

• I have a webcomic where I use Google Sketchup for my backgrounds and I've been wanting to add interior lighting for years. I finally sat down and worked with Enscape for a few hours and love what it can do, but I really need for it to have the ability to sharpen the shadows in order to maintain the consistency in the look of my comic. I've set it to the most minimal output possible, but the shadows are still too diffused/blurred for it to look consistent. If you add a slider, or some ability to sharpen interior shadows for output, then I will buy a license . . . like yesterday. And I may have a bunch of other webcomic creators who use SketchUp who will buy it too.

Please, I beg you. ;(

• I have a webcomic where I use Google Sketchup for my backgrounds and I've been wanting to add interior lighting for years. I finally sat down and worked with Enscape for a few hours and love what it can do, but I really need for it to have the ability to sharpen the shadows in order to maintain the consistency in the look of my comic. I've set it to the most minimal output possible, but the shadows are still too diffused/blurred for it to look consistent. If you add a slider, or some ability to sharpen interior shadows for output, then I will buy a license . . . like yesterday. And I may have a bunch of other webcomic creators who use SketchUp who will buy it too.

Please, I beg you. ;(

Thank you very much for your feedback and welcome to our Forum. I'm sorry to hear that this has been causing some frustration for you..

Can you perhaps share an example of your work with me so that I can see how the shadows are not fitting well into the scene? :) I'll then forward that alongside your request to our developers, gladly.

• Here is an image gallery of the background I generated via Enscape, and the background I had made in Sketchup and shaded over via image editing software:

https://imgur.com/a/l0dDuCP

The top image is the Enscape image, and the middle is from my comic. If you see the background in the one I did for my comic, the shadows are sharper, and tighter. Where is in the Enscape version, it looks more like there is a diffused "shadow outline" around the furniture, than anything casting any real shadows. The very bottom image is an image captured at "High" resolution with Enscape.

Strangely enough, when I increase the quality of the capture, the contour edges of my rooms start to glow. Not sure why that is happening or how to fix it.

So I guess the question is: is it possible to make the shading look more animated? Either via a setting or via with me tweaking any code?

Edit: It has also been crashing on me a lot too when trying to render an image.

• hi Helstern..seems u dont have any light-source to create the illusion of a SUN/Light Rays... all is bland blank.. cant see any light-source ....so if this is the case there's no way ..even in dreams for you to get what u want....

[click]

Heres a demo i did with enscape using default Settings.... nothing special...

compare this to ur scene.. i know ur scene is in daytime too..i see all those blue sky and cloud formation outside the window. lol. i guess u forgot to put a light-source to cast the Rays.

• compare this to ur scene.. i know ur scene is in daytime too..i see all those blue sky and cloud formation outside the window. lol. i guess u forgot to put a light-source to cast the Rays.

I wasn't referring to the light rays, I was referring to the shadows. I don't expect for the light rays I made via Photoshop to be in this rendering software.

I've attached an image where I added an artificial light source for the moon, because despite uping the moon brightness to the max setting, it wasn't casting any light on the scene. The shadows are still very diffused with the artificial light, which looks realistic, but I was hoping these could be made sharper in order to give it a more animated look.

Similar to this image where I used the shadows cast with Google Sketchup via the sun's shadows as a quasi moon.

Unfortunately using the sun for shadows for interiors requires a ton of modifications of how shadows interact with walls and ends up turning into more work than it's worth.

I know a shadow sharpness slider was added to Enscape for exterior shadows cast via the sun, so I was wondering if it was possible to have something similar to shadows cast by artificial light.

• Helstern , I will very happily forward your inquiry in regards to having the ability to sharpen your shadows. In the meantime, have you tried to set the "Rendering Quality" in the Visual Settings to "Draft", as this will definitely help with avoiding any indirect not-overly sharp shadows. Perhaps you'll be able to use Enscape this way for day-time comic renderings. :)