Grass Shadow

• So here is my request/question/observation... I feel that, unless we have the short blades with no height variation the shadows in the background on the small hill will be great, but if you give it some shape, it will show the chunks of grass pretty precisely in the shadow... kinda sucks.. workaround or fix for grass on non horizontal axis?

• So here is my request/question/observation... I feel that, unless we have the short blades with no height variation the shadows in the background on the small hill will be great, but if you give it some shape, it will show the chunks of grass pretty precisely in the shadow... kinda sucks.. workaround or fix for grass on non horizontal axis?

Thanks a lot benjaminriendeau for your feedback.

As you may have guessed probably, this is behaving in such a way to reduce performance cost - we have a dedicated feature request on our agenda to allow you to increase the shadow rendering distance in terms of uniform quality. I'm adding your upvote to that topic.

In the meantime, the workaround would be playing around with the sun direction (perhaps also use the shortcuts Ctrl / Shift + U /I) / perspective / adjust the shadow sharpness a bit until you get an output you see more fit.

• Thanks a lot benjaminriendeau for your feedback.

As you may have guessed probably, this is behaving in such a way to reduce performance cost - we have a dedicated feature request on our agenda to allow you to increase the shadow rendering distance in terms of uniform quality. I'm adding your upvote to that topic.

In the meantime, the workaround would be playing around with the sun direction (perhaps also use the shortcuts Ctrl / Shift + U /I) / perspective / adjust the shadow sharpness a bit until you get an output you see more fit.

a agree with your workaround although I wouldnt want my foreground shadow to change quality too so, thank you though !