CPU requirements?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

My current PC has an overclocked i7 2600K CPU (4.3GHz) and a GTX 1060 6GB video card. I am considering an upgrade to RTX 2070 (not super) or RTX 2060 KO.

In your System Requirements page you only say that "A good CPU can speed up Enscape’s loading times." So, should I be fine and will I see the full benefits of RTX, or will my older CPU be a bottleneck?

Thanks!

• Official Post

The CPU shouldn't really be a bottleneck here. As long as it's overclocked (probably even without) it shouldn't hinder any of the RTX cards too much, if it all really.

• Thanks! Would the 2070 be significantly better than the 2060?

I notice that with my 1060, when loading the model I currently work on, my GPU memory is at 5GB (out of 6GB). Does this mean that if I add a few more things that 6GB will be filled? What happens if it does? It will slow down or could it crash?

• Official Post

Thanks! Would the 2070 be significantly better than the 2060?

I notice that with my 1060, when loading the model I currently work on, my GPU memory is at 5GB (out of 6GB). Does this mean that if I add a few more things that 6GB will be filled? What happens if it does? It will slow down or could it crash?

Depends on what you define as significantly, but have a look yourself at this comparison:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/…vidia-RTX-2060/4029vs4034

So I'd say 10-20% performance increase is what you can expect.

Furthermore, if your VRAM runs full, then Enscape can indeed slow down or even crash. In that case we always recommend to keep an overall size on the project, make use of section planes etc. - or, of course additionally a GPU upgrade will also help. ;)

• Official Post

Thanks! I ordered an RTX 2070.

Awesome, enjoy the upgrade! :)