Enscape for iPad

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

+1

Thanks!

• +1 here too.

We use iPads extensively for our presentations these days, abandoning laptops. We'd LOVE enscape for iPad. Even a viewer that was stable enough to run on remote desktop without skittish controls would be a marked improvement. But a native iPad option would open the world, literally for our presentations and for our clients, putting the models in their hands. If we could then use the iPad interface for conducting meetings online, viewing common positions and objects together, we'd really be on to something...

• Official Post

Thank you - your feedback will be forwarded.

• Enscape Team,

In your honest opinion, how low is Enscape for iOS in the agenda? Surely with limited resources, there are priorities. A bit surprised iOS version is not even close to being seriously considered, but you probably have reasons. Perhaps actual user base isn't significant enough?

Could you please share your honest perspective on this one? (if Enscape iOS happens, surely it will be much easier with Enscape for Mac especially with M1 chips) so that we can hope and wait, or look for alternatives.

Also, it will be great if you could post a full list of priorities where people can vote on. There's a page you list a few items for the next version, but it usually only has a couple of items. It doesn't help understand what the full priorities are.

• Official Post

I have gladly forwarded your upvotes!

L.S , at the moment this feature is rather low on our agenda - it certainly doesn't mean that its not likely that we'll add standalone support for iOS devices in the future, but for now it's not a priority feature, that is what I can say at the moment. :)

Furthermore, we did have a board where people were able to vote for features, but we have removed this for now since it was often misleading regarding what would then actually be implemented and what not. I'll still note it down once more for further consideration.

• I have gladly forwarded your upvotes!

L.S , at the moment this feature is rather low on our agenda - it certainly doesn't mean that its not likely that we'll add standalone support for iOS devices in the future, but for now it's not a priority feature, that is what I can say at the moment. :)

Furthermore, we did have a board where people were able to vote for features, but we have removed this for now since it was often misleading regarding what would then actually be implemented and what not. I'll still note it down once more for further consideration.

Thank you. Appreciate your straightforward answer.

Yes, the priority list should always be listed as actual Enscape team's list. The voting count should be noted on the side so that both users and Enscape team can see if there's a big discrepancy on certain items.

• joeykeys what if I told you they actually had this exact system in place but removed it a little over a year ago?

"Furthermore, we did have a board where people were able to vote for features, but we have removed this for now since it was often misleading regarding what would then actually be implemented and what not. I'll still note it down once more for further consideration."

This is the reason according to Demian Gutberlet, but I really don't understand why it couldn't be listed as the actual priorities set by Enscape with users' voting count noted on the side. That way, there's no confusion what's actually going to be implemented.

That way, users can clearly see that their wishlist is low or high in priority list.

• Official Post

I appreciate all the further honest feedback, thank you. - I will discuss this once more with product management and reply back in the next couple of days to see what we will or won't do when it comes to having such a Trello board provided again.

• Regardless the discussion about the feature-request-board, which as user I think we would all appreciate.
    Is there any news on the Enscape for iOS?
    I guess you must be familiar with BIMx, the iOS platform from Archicad. From my experience it is BY FAR the best architectural tool for iPad, but it depends on Archicad. I think if you took the already amazing power of Enscape, and added 1. export to iOS and 2. if possible Document interaction, you'd easily overtake BIMx...

• Official Post

Regardless of whether the board can come back or not - I appreciate your response. ??

So, after having another chat with product management we've decided that, I'm afraid, there will be no board for the foreseeable future. I can understand that this may cause frustration, but there will still always be a roadmap available and we're still always recording all the feedback shared in this forum. If anyone likes I can go into detail as to why we won't provide a board again, but I can imagine that we could argue days over all the arguments.

Still. Overall we're looking into events like temporary boards in which users can vote for a feature out of a predefined selection so that we can get a better idea quickly as to what is being requested. Nothing is written in stone yet so stay tuned though.

I hope for your understanding.