Use vray materials in enscape - Rhino

• Hi,

So I'm new to enscape and fairly new to rendering in general. I am using Rhino 6, with Enscape as the render export/video maker. However I have been using vray for materials, and they all have a very high reflection/glossiness when rendering out in enscape. I saw a post somewhere saying that vray materials don't work well with enscape but no solution/workaround for somebody who like me has all the materials already set, and mapped. I was hoping somebody might have some advice on how to either get the vray materials into materials that render better with enscape or a potential tweak to the materials in vray that would remove the gloss/make the two plugins work better together. Thanks for any advice.

• Currently we do not support VRay materials but there is a story regarding this issue in our developer agenda, and I have up-voted it on your behalf in the meantime.

There is no workaround to this that I am aware of unfortunately, we simply do not support these at the present time.

• I have the exact same problem. getting slightly more control over vray material in enscape it would be great!! overall texturing works ok, but this uncontrolled reflection effect is really bad!

Welcome to our forum - I'll forward your feedback, thanks a lot.