Enscape presents incorrect materials on heavy rhino model

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I am trying to extract renders from a heavy (7gb) rhino file using enscape. However when i try to open all required geometry inside enscape (materialised), it shows a random array of different materials with no apparent pattern.
    I am using a gtx1080TI with 32gb of ddr4 ram so computational power shouldnt be an issue.

Any help would be much appreciated

• Official Post

Thank you very much for your first post and welcome to our forum! :)

I'm sorry to hear about this problem - one of our developers has already stated, that this may very well be caused by having too many different materials in the scene, this is known to cause issues like you described. So in that regard, could you simply remove some part of the project for example, temporarily, to see if it helps? If it does, you may want to keep a look on the overall amount of materials used.

If you want, you can also more than gladly send over the project - this way we can give you a 100% definite answer regarding the cause.

• Official Post

No there are no worksessioned elements, all local inside 1 file

I know it's a large file, but if you could upload it somewhere, maybe an internal company server or such, then that would be great so we can have a look too. Otherwise, as mentioned, try to reduce the project in size to see if that helps, could be a great indicator that it's what we think it is, that there are too many materials used, or that the project is simply too large of course.

In the meantime, definitely make sure your graphics card drivers are fully up to date, and you can also share some screenshots or a video of this behaviour as well so we can have a look at that too.