Enscape Crashing

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Enscape 2.7 (latest) is freezing up on me.

Doesn't matter if im in a standalone .exe file doing a walk through, or while using the revit plugin and doing a walkthrough.

Either way it freezes after about 30 seconds.

My IT group tells me my pc has no issues, windows is fully up to date, revit is up to date (2020.2), and enscape is up to date.

I have no other pc issues, it is just when using enscape in the viewing mode and doing a walk through of models. Ive tried several models that have all worked in the past, but now for some reason after the enscape update a couple of weeks ago, my enscape is locking up.

Are there any bug fixes for this?

Thanks

Dave

• Official Post

DPHORVATH , to get behind this problem, can you please briefly send in a feedback report as described here? The log files and machine information will help us with troubleshooting this case. We also have never heard about this very particular issue before (where it crashes every time after about 30 seconds), so we have to have a look at the logs.

• I think I've found a solution to my problem.

After updating drivers, updating windows, etc, etc.. all the obvious starting points, I then reviewed some other settings on the computer.

I adjusted my virtual memory settings to .5xs the available memory low end, and 1.5xs that value for the high end.

I then saved that setting, rebooted, and put the standalone exe through the ringer, and so far have not frozen up my screen. I've also tried various other revit models and put them through a fast challenging enscape walkthrough with lighting and various sun settings to challenge the system. So far no further stalls or shut downs or lockups.

Until I see any other problems, hoping not to, I will have to say that clean driver and software updates and the virtual memory setting adjustment did the trick.

I just find it odd that the setting can all of the sudden need an adjustment after two years of great 3d production and no issues.

Anyway, im considering this fixed. Knock on wood...…

Cheers

Dave

• Official Post

Please briefly send in a feedback report, then we can let you know what this is caused by. :)