TEXTURE MAPS PATHING IN SKETCHUP AND ENSCAPE MATERIALS

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi - we are carrying out an exercise where we are editing a sketchup template file and it gets passed to 3rd party artists to add/ adjust materials. the sketchup file comes back but then Enscape cant find the relevant bitmap / bump normal as the saved paths are different from different artists.

1 - is there a way to globally re-path the saved JPG NORMAL files to a common location? I.e force Enscape to do a default search into a common folder where we can share the material files from?

Or

2 - say force sketchup to do a default search for material names from where the sketchup file is located?

just trying to figure out a workaround without having to spend many hours repathing NORMAL files in the material editor to the network material library?

Any tips / help on this greatly appreciated.

Perhaps there should be a feature to set a default location for materials?

Thanks

M

• Official Post

boxclever , at the moment the textures / material files would have to be in a fixed location like for example C:\Materials and the subfolders would also have to match - there is currently no way to have Enscape looking for each texture or material file for automatic remapping, but this something which has been requested before, so I'm further adding your upvote to the feature request on our agenda.

As a workaround, in the meantime, the artist could also use one specific folder / subfolder system, these folders could then also be transferred to you and put into the "same" place on your machine - this should also ensure that Enscape links the materials again once more.

• thanks for that, but unfortunately we are working from network servers in our company location, as well as freelance artists. Therefore it is not possible to replicate a C: drive mapping and we have to work in a location that is backed up , and part of the project design workflow. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can you add a function to allow a relative path mapping for materials? Im certain most users who work across networks would thank you for this! :D

BTW - I own a licence of both Lumion and Enscape, and its been very interesting to compare the pros/cons of each for architectural design work. You will be pleased to know ENSCAPE wins hands down for speed/ live presentations/ etc.... Love the EXE export, lets us archive our end of design stage work which we can then easily review and share to a wider audience. Big tick from us! :D

• Official Post

thanks for that, but unfortunately we are working from network servers in our company location, as well as freelance artists. Therefore it is not possible to replicate a C: drive mapping and we have to work in a location that is backed up , and part of the project design workflow. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can you add a function to allow a relative path mapping for materials? Im certain most users who work across networks would thank you for this! :D

BTW - I own a licence of both Lumion and Enscape, and its been very interesting to compare the pros/cons of each for architectural design work. You will be pleased to know ENSCAPE wins hands down for speed/ live presentations/ etc.... Love the EXE export, lets us archive our end of design stage work which we can then easily review and share to a wider audience. Big tick from us! :D

Thanks a bunch, be assured that I'll also forward that feedback of yours too! :)

• Hello, has any advance been made on relative texture paths reading?

Transmutr saves these paths as relative when using their batch converter, I already wrote to the for a workaround but it really would be great for collaboration workflows to have relative paths enabled on Enscape. Also for skybox images.

Thank you.