Vectorworks Materials

• Hello,

I was wondering if there was a resource somewhere that could show how vectorworks materials work with enscape.

perhaps a settings guide for specific material types?

I'm unable to figure out how to get emissive materials to work.

Also, is there a proper method for area lights within vectorworks for enscape?

I would appreciate any help you could give.

• Hi JasonB ; welcome to the forum! We hope to provide the same Enscape Material Editor for Vectorworks as is available for SketchUp, ArchiCAD and Rhino. This is planned and should be available by October. In the meantime, Enscape respects the same material naming keywords as in SketchUp (with the exception of emissive; more on that below). Is there a specific material, other than emissive, you are having issues achieving? If you provide some screenshots, we would be happy to give you some tips.

In regards to emissive materials: indeed there is currently no keyword for this. However, it is possible to achieve the same effect by converting a surface into an area light.

Edit the symbol of the Light

Select that surface that should be emissive

Modify -> Convert -> Convert to Area Light.

In general all native Vectorworks lights are supported, with the exception of directional lights. Is it the case that when you create a Vectorworks area light, it appears that there is no light emitted in Enscape?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi JasonB, thanks for the reply! Right now this effect unfortunately isn't possible, because Vectorworks does not support adding a texture to an area light. But the good news is that it will be possible to do this in the forthcoming Enscape Material Editor for Vectorworks; there you would just add the texture and make it emissive with one click. Currently the Material Editor for Vectorworks is planned for Enscape 2.9.

• Hi!

Every time I work around VW+Enscape, I feel to be a little be in love with it. :love:

Now, some issue about area light and spot light.

Here's the picture about spot light. It seems doesn't works correctly. In fact rising the value of lumen or lux, it doesn't affect the model...

There is a little movie too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/si8m…5/Museo_03_small.mp4?dl=0

As you can see, I need to increase the exposure upon the sunset. Can I do that?

Thank you

L.

• Hi Toscano! Enscape 2.9 is expected sometime in the Fall of 2020, but at this time I can't provide a firm date.

Regarding the light brightness: this is an issue that our developers are aware of and are working to fix. Thanks for reporting it!

Regarding the movie: is the issue you are referring to that the sky appears too white? If this is a Skybox you have added, you can try adjusting the brightness in the Enscape Visual Settings -> Atmosphere tab.

• Regarding the movie: is the issue you are referring to that the sky appears too white? If this is a Skybox you have added, you can try adjusting the brightness in the Enscape Visual Settings -> Atmosphere tab.

Hi, Helen!

Thank you for reply.

No.

I mean... when the camera path is from external to internal scene, in general, we have to push up the exposure. In the posted movie example, on the sunset, (the sun is coming down) I need to increase the exposure, or increase the lumen value. But in general, I'd prefer to increase the exposure...

I hope we could test the final release before the 31th October... ;) In that way we could make the right decision.

Thank you again, Helen

Hope to hear from you soon

Have a nice weekend

L.