Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable - 14.0.24215 - install - no opening for certain users

• Hi,

I have a number of users sharing a workstation to do their enscape renders. It works fine for all users, apart from one particular user, where it is requiring the latest version of Visual C++, and asks the user to install? It will not work, and I have purposely stripped off Enscape and the Visual C++, and installed with a fresh latest copy of both. Enscape works on the admin account and a test account I have set up no problem, but the same user is still having problem even though the Visual C++ is newer than the one Enscape tries to download and install

I have completely remove the users profiles from the workstation and still get the same issues

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Kieran

• Sorry to hear about that kierangilman , it would be very helpful if you could send in a report from that machine - this way we'll receive log files and machine information to get behind this issue. Thank you in advance! In the submission form, gladly also add a link to this thread just for reference. :)

• Hi Demian Gutberlet ,

Thank you for the response, and apologises I have not got back to you any sooner. No problem in trying to get you any diagnostics, but as mentioned in my original query we cannot open Enscape, so is there another way of being able to get the relevant logs to you?

What we have noticed is this problem seems to relate to a user and not the machine, as it seems to work under the administrator account. The profile has been completely removed and logged into and tested, but still seem to have the issue.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Kieran

• Hey kierangilman , thanks a lot for your response as well!

If you also cannot send in feedback, what may help is to please uninstall Enscape, then reboot the machine in question, run the Enscape installer again and in the first window of the installation process, where you will see the checkbox named 'I accept the terms in the License Agreement' make sure that is checked. This will enable the Advanced button which you should then click to proceed to the next window which will offer you the option to install for all users of the machine.

Should that not help, please send us the logs manually:

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs

Revit plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRevitPlugin

SketchUp plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeSketchupPlugin

Rhino plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRhinoPlugin

ArchiCAD plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeArchiCADPlugin

VectorWorks plugin log files:
    C:\Users\
    %USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeVectorworksPlugin

You can just place all the files that are contained in these folders into a .zip file and send these to us. Of course, it also depends on which CAD solution you're using, you will not find all the folders. Thank you so much!

• HI Demian Gutberlet ,

Thanks again for coming back to me.

Yes enscape has been enabled with the Advanced button to 'install for all users' and the License agreement has been acknowledged.

Interestingly I have gone through the Enscape plugin path for sketchup , as no other of the application you have listed are installed, and the SketchUp plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeSketchupPluginth

does not exist for this user. Other users on the same machine do have this folder location, so I am pressuming maybe part of the problem?

Thanks

Kieran

• kierangilman , that would not help I'm afraid since this folder only includes the log files. :/ Or rather would've on your machine - does the Enscape main folder perhaps include logs which you could send us over?

The ones you'll hopefully find here:

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs