Material Specular Map inverted

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello EnscaperUser/Team,

i assume i found an error in Enscape with the glossiness/specular Map/Shader interpretation of Vectorworks Materials.

In the following Link is a Online 3D Viewer of a decorative High Pressure Laminate Sheet(HPL) we use in or Company.

https://3dviewer.egger.com...

After getting all Maps(Diffuse, Bump,Specular) from the Manufacturer

i created the material in Vectorworks and renderered it with Vectorworks Renderworks.

All fine. Everything works as expected and look like the Material in real.

If i render this setup now in Enscape the Glossness is inverted. So all Spots that have to be mat are glossy and vice versa.

To fix that i have to invert the Glossiness Map in the Vectorworks material so that all white areas(reflection in VWX) get Black und all black areas(matt in VWX) get white.

If i do so Enscape is OK but VWX is now incorect cuz of the invertet Specular Map

Is that a known issue or do i misunderstood here something?

Thanks @all

Greetings from Germany

Jakob

PS: all files attached so you can check yourself
    External Upload cz of 2MB Max Upload ...VWX Download

• H.Jakob

Changed the title of the thread from “Material Specular Map interpreted inverted” to “Material Specular Map inverted”.
    • Official Post

Thanks a lot for your post H.Jakob , and welcome to our forum. I have gladly forwarded this our developers just to make sure whether or not this is by design. Getting back to you once I know more! :)

• Official Post

H.Jakob , so, this behavior was indeed caused by an internal bug, which we have now fully resolved - a fix for this behavior will be implemented with our next upcoming preview, and next full release of course.

• Official Post

Problem is fixed btw.(Enscape 2.8)

Thanks @ TeamEnscape :)

Happy to hear that, you're welcome! :)