LED Tape Lighting Issues

• Hello!

I am having problems incorporating what should look like an LED tape light. I have the same line light object copied over, yet in one instance it runs the entire length, in the other location, only half the length is lit up. This is in-line with a problem I always have with the "line" light object where light doesn't reach the ends, or the end emits light 360 degrees and reflects off surfaces it isn't intended for. Does anyone have a handle on the best way to achieve uniform lighting in this instance? Thanks!

• I've had a similar type issue with the "rectangle" Enscape lighting object. Where if I have a cabinet that's really tall and lined with shelves, if I were to put a rectangle light that spans the entire height it doesn't seem to "shine" on both sides of the shelves like a tape light would.

So as a work around, I use the rectangle light and make it as small as possible. A little square. And think of it as a diode in a tape light. Then I just copy it the entire length and group it so the model doesn't get messy. You're still able to adjust brightness easily since they are all the same component.

• Hello!

I am having problems incorporating what should look like an LED tape light. I have the same line light object copied over, yet in one instance it runs the entire length, in the other location, only half the length is lit up. This is in-line with a problem I always have with the "line" light object where light doesn't reach the ends, or the end emits light 360 degrees and reflects off surfaces it isn't intended for. Does anyone have a handle on the best way to achieve uniform lighting in this instance? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to our forum! :)

I think it would be easiest if there is a way you could share the project with me? Just looking at the pictures it's hard to see how the lights were setup and all, and I could gladly have a look at it myself and add some corresponding light sources too, perhaps the workaround above my also help you further in the meantime.

Finally, it seems that you also have a rather bright light source right above? What happens if you decrease the brightness, do the current lights behind the wine become more visible? Perhaps try to also increase the light brightness of these instead too.

• Hello,

Thank you for the responses. Demian Gutberlet My issue is not necessarily the light itself but the consistency of the light. This may sound like a silly question, but how do most people get their files onto here? It is seemingly impossible for me to get my file size below 10MB and I have cut out as much as I could (geometry, materials, components). Thanks!

• Ryan Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that next time. I actually haven't used the rectangular light as a tape light yet. The line light made most sense at the time but maybe not. I see the line light object issue most when I have a couple next to each other.

• Hello,

Thank you for the responses. Demian Gutberlet My issue is not necessarily the light itself but the consistency of the light. This may sound like a silly question, but how do most people get their files onto here? It is seemingly impossible for me to get my file size below 10MB and I have cut out as much as I could (geometry, materials, components). Thanks!

Thanks a lot as well for your response! :)

For larger files like these you can use wetransfer.com for example. Looking forward to your reports as well when it comes to the workaround of Ryan , but I'd love to have a look at the project too of course.