SEE THE FUTURE: UNREAL ENGINE 5 Official Tech Demo 2021

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • >>

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hope to see this tech soon into ENSCAPE3D

• Really impressive demo. Enscape already has global illumination (albeit with more room for improvement), but the mesh shader thing or whatever technique they're using for Nanite to be able to load/compress billions of polygons in real time certainly seems like it could have some benefits for heavy architectural models!

• Official Post

Honestly just an incredibly impressive job. :) Can't wait to throw my ZBrush models straight into Unreal :D

• Any idea how Enscape3D could benefit from this tech?

It wouldn't improve any of Enscape's shortcomings.

1. Enscape is not used with zBrush-sculpted meshes that have billions of polygons. Enscape is well optimized to handle huge numbers of polygons, so this is very rarely a bottleneck even in ambitious SketchUp or BIM scenes.
    2. Enscape's path traced GI lighting system operates on a very high and scalable quality level + also runs on non RTX cards with a special compatibility path. Frankly, a gaming engine has to handle much more complicated cases (think of particles, breaking geometry etc) but for Enscape, path traced GI is the best way to go.
  • They still haven't brought realtime ray tracing to Twinmotion, nor has it ever worked well in Unreal. The demo videos always look great....until you step into the manual labor nightmare that is Unreal. Still....I'll give it a go.

• It wouldn't improve any of Enscape's shortcomings.

1. Enscape is not used with zBrush-sculpted meshes that have billions of polygons. Enscape is well optimized to handle huge numbers of polygons, so this is very rarely a bottleneck even in ambitious SketchUp or BIM scenes.
    2. Enscape's path traced GI lighting system operates on a very high and scalable quality level + also runs on non RTX cards with a special compatibility path. Frankly, a gaming engine has to handle much more complicated cases (think of particles, breaking geometry etc) but for Enscape, path traced GI is the best way to go.

Wouldn't you say the underlying hardware still has promise though? While it's true cad models rarely reach the complexity of z brush sculps, what if the Enscape asset library supported super high quality models with that level of detail? Imagine lifelike trees and plants and people. And while Lumen doesn't actually appear to rely on any RTX cores (similar to Enscape's GI implementation), harnessing them only stands to make things better in the future, as Enscape has started to do. Rumors are swirling that the next generation of nvidia cards (Ampere) will have something like 4x the raytracing power of Turing. Perhaps that will finally be enough samples to support full path tracing? One can dream ^^ ...

• similar to Enscape's GI implementation

On RTX cards, Enscape uses the hardware raytracing capabilities. We're therefore happy to see further improvements on upcoming hardware ray tracing implementations.

• Rumors are swirling that the next generation of nvidia cards (Ampere) will have something like 4x the raytracing power of Turing. Perhaps that will finally be enough samples to support full path tracing? One can dream ^^ ...

MY GTX980 is ready to be upgraded to the next gen Nvidia offerings. I also have a 1080ti that's perfectly happy to do the job VERY well, but ray tracing has some huge benefits to quality and accuracy. For gaming use, I'm not sold (yet). But for rendering...yes please!

• They still haven't brought realtime ray tracing to Twinmotion, nor has it ever worked well in Unreal. The demo videos always look great....until you step into the manual labor nightmare that is Unreal. Still....I'll give it a go.

If you look at the Twinmotion roadmap you will see that they are currently working on taking a Twinmotion model and sending it into Unreal which might aid in the setup process. Interesting that we are talking about Twinmotion and Unreal here...

https://portal.productboard.co…abs/4-under-consideration

• Ray tracing support is the most interesting and needed addition to TM. The lack of photorealism - especially in deep interior spaces where you don't have the benefit of the sunlight source - prevents me from fully onboarding the program. However, with a multi-billion dollar company behind the development, it's only a matter of time until they increase the visual fidelity - no doubt the Unreal V engine will help with that. lol.

• Keeping one eye on TM while figuring out how Enscape works. That roadmap has me intrigued and if the ability to use vismats becomes a reality i will jump ship. If only they updated their UI - its horrendous. Too much of the screen is taken up by iconography and non-collapsable panels and menus. But yes...Unreal Engine 5 integration most likely means within a year or two TM will have surpassed their competitors.