Faulty connection to the Asset Library

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Dear Enscape Team - yes, this bug is posted here so often but still I will never get tired of pointing it out over and over again :(
    This consistently non-functioning so faulty connection to the Asset Library is not only a constant annoyance but first and foremost an incalculable production risk!
    Having a deadline in mind, I hold my breath every time whether it will work or not...

• EGIE - You're based in Germany so you should really not be suffering these issues where you are getting an error message so often.

My first inclination is to ask who your service provide is? Are you are using Wi-fi or CAT3 to connect to your router?

I can understand this being an annoyance for you. Sorry about that. Lets see if we can find what might be causing this for you.

• Hi & Thanks! :thumbup:

mostly and essentially I move within the network of a rather large company and am usually connected via LAN.

The connection error however occurs both and as often (in at least 50% of all access cases), via the company's LAN and via WIFI in the home office...
    (In both cases - in the company or in the home office (near FfM) I have excellent Internet connectivity elsewise)

• And do you see this issue with the Asset Library loading times happening when you are using only Wifi / LAN.

You can't beat a CAT3 connection, and that is what I would recommend where possible.

I'm asking about your ISP provider because I'm working Home Office using what was Unity Media Cable, and the past couple of months it's getting worse all the time. So, I'm not sure if that is a factor for you in certain conditions?

• thanks again - As far as I know, we're going with T-Online, but certainly not via Unity Media Cable. When I work in my home office, the first connection is via my private 1&1 access, but additionally always via the company server.

I often use only my private machinery, which only uses the 1&1 access then - in all mentioned cases the bug is the same.

...You can't beat a CAT3 connection, and that is what I would recommend where possible.

since I have no idea what that means ;) I assume that our IT department can make something out of this info ?

• thanks again - As far as I know, we're going with T-Online, but certainly not via Unity Media Cable. When I work in my home office, the first connection is via my private 1&1 access, but additionally always via the company server.

I often use only my private machinery, which only uses the 1&1 access then - in all mentioned cases the bug is the same.

since I have no idea what that means ;) I assume that our IT department can make something out of this info ?

he's saying cable plugged-in versus wifi.

• my beef is the speed in which it is accessed. I was working last night and it worked, but it took 10 minutes between selecting an asset and the ability to place it. Sure wish there was a way to host locally, or on a network server that could update as new assets are released. That way even if the connection was slow or unstable we could still efficiently use them. I love Enscape for its speed and ease of use. The assets are a critical element of the software, and should be as easy to access.

• Official Post

my beef is the speed in which it is accessed. I was working last night and it worked, but it took 10 minutes between selecting an asset and the ability to place it. Sure wish there was a way to host locally, or on a network server that could update as new assets are released. That way even if the connection was slow or unstable we could still efficiently use them. I love Enscape for its speed and ease of use. The assets are a critical element of the software, and should be as easy to access.

Thanks a lot - I'll forward this to our developers once more. Something which we'll be discussing about in the next upcoming meeting again.

• ... still - hmm, whatever I / we try - this library is not usable in 95% of all access attempts.
    Instead I have to clean away once distributed assets in 95% within my projects to avoid these constant error messages...

• Official Post

... still - hmm, whatever I / we try - this library is not usable in 95% of all access attempts.
    Instead I have to clean away once distributed assets in 95% within my projects to avoid these constant error messages...

I am sorry to hear about that. In this case though it may be worth to look at your log files to find out if there may be any issues with the current Enscape installation of yours:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Please let me know once you've submitted it and we'll have a look. I also reckon that your internet connection is available all the time of course, even when getting this message?

• Demian Gutberlet - as if your answer caused a miracle - exactly at this point in time this afternoon everything was running ;):/ - so I will send a log file as soon as the problem occurs again. (I have additionally informed our company´s IT department about this constantly error again, trying to find out if we can operate on our site somehow otherwise too)

• If this is really disrupting your workflow you could consider moving them to a local asset library. You will have to access them once but after that they should run much faster.

I actually wish that Enscape would offer their assets as a downloadable .zip file so we could merge them into our custom library. That way we wouldn't have to toggle between two libraries (and we can exclude content that doesn't apply). We would also have some control over them (adding tags, modifying a picture on a monitor etc).

• exactly the same issue here - working fine last week, today no connection the asset library. Also getting a message about not being able to download render assets when launching Enscape - even using the default OTB Autodesk sample projects - i would assume this is related to the asset library not being available and i believe indicates its an issue on your end and not ours.

At the moment this is causing real issues for us.

Please note that no infrastructure has changed, no proxy server being used.

• If this is really disrupting your workflow you could consider moving them to a local asset library.

... an interesting thought - actually I have already stored various asset bundles as local components. I doubt these would render without problems if the internet connectivity is constantly disrupted? I need to try that...

• which contains previously placed Enscape assets

just of of curiosity: did you ever use custom assets? The error window that you posted looks like the one we get when we set our library on local or remote. If this sounds like Chinese, please ignore my comment :)

• Not using any custom assets - in fact I currently get that error when using the default demo arch project from Autodesk - no known Enscape content added at all, so I can only assume it’s unable to load some of the assets for grass / water etc.. that’s all I can think of..

• As far as I know, the grass is installed locally (not downloaded from the cloud) and water doesn't use any assets.

The default RPC's are automatically replaced with Enscape assets (you can turn it off in the settings). The default Revit house project has a couple of trees in it, so I imagine this might we what you're seeing.

You said you're not using custom assets at this moment, but have you ever? Any chance your mode is still on 'local' or 'mixed'?