Question about coming feauture (wind)

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I have seen that you guys are implementing 'wind' or at least moving grass/vegetation. I really look forward to this, but I wonder: Is this applicable to only Enscape assets/grass textures, or does it also work with other models which happen to have 'foliage/leaf' keywords in them for instance? Or like, will there be a toggle/way of adding movement to own components?

Can't wait to see the outcome of it all! :)

• Official Post

Hi DeKoetsier

the animated vegetation in 2.8 will only work on assets from our asset library as there are some preparation steps required to be done. In simple terms: you'll need to mark which vertices are branches, which are leafs etc so we can generate a believable animation out of it. That beeing said, there're custom/user generated assets on our agenda for upcoming versions of Enscape and in that case - provided you did the required model preparation in your 3d modelling application beforehand - it should also work for your own assets.

Material based, procedural grass is of course always animated :)