Enscape Crashing My PC since 2.7 install

• Hi There,

I see some other threads about crashes with certain gpu/graphics cards.

I have a GeForce GTX 1080 in a Boxx mobile workstation.

This machine has been amazing and never crashed until 2.7 Enscape installed. It only crashes while panning around in an Enscape view, and while doing so the screen suddenly sticks, i get bloches, hots spots, pixels glowing, etc.... and the pc stalls and then restarts.

Boxx has reviewed my PC and everything seems fine to them.

My GPU has been stress tested and all good.

My PC Ram has been tested and all good as well.

I can only conclude here that it is Enscape not working well with my graphics card.

I've gotten errror messages once or twice by Enscape saying that the GPU had an issue and must close, so it is safe to say this is an Enscape issue.

Any help is welcomed on this.

I may have made a mistake going to 2.7???

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice on how to remedy this issue. I have not been able to make renders for a few weeks now.

I am going to try an older version of Enscape (2.6) and see if it crashes or now, and if not i will then be able to conclude there is an issue with 2.7.

Cheers, Dave

• I have an update that may be helpful to others with similar problems related to the gpu.

The good folks at Boxx Support spent a couple hours diagnosing my machine to check all hardware, etc...

Basically, what we think happened was that my machine at two years old had some outdated or unorganized setups within it.

After testing many things in many ways, they wiped clean all past gpu drivers and did a clean install with the latest Nvidia driver for my gpu/card. They felt that years of updates may have left some bad stuff underneath that could be causing problems. So a good cleanup was helpful.

We also updated my machine's bios from 1.06.05 to 1.06.11 as a last step.

A week before this update, i reinstalled windows to 1909 version, reinstalled revit and enscape and other essential softwares; sort of like a clean sweep of things.

So after all of this, we tried to recreate the crash/lockups with enscape/revit and we could not get it to crash. So i will be putting my machine through the ringer this next week to see how it goes.

Boxx does feel that my gpu may be going though based on other stress tests that were iffy. So the clean up of the machine may have been helpful, but my video gpu card may also be on the brink.

I no longer feel that the issue is with revit or enscape, and it was a great remote session with the Boxx team to analyze my machine to narrow down the potential issue as a hardware issue at this point.

I hope this helps the Enscape users out there that may have similar issues.

Cheers,

Dave