Unwanted clipping / cuts

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi all!

Newbie here.

I'm having some issues with Enscape makes these weird cuts when I move my camera around. I'm not sure it this is a due to some bug or just a feature I'm not understanding. I've done a few searches on google and in the forum but haven't found a solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

My drivers should all be up-to-date and my model is scaled to meters.

Rhino 6: 6.25.20114.5271

Enscape 2.7.1 +20886

Renderer 2.7.1.68-g75e92e4

• Official Post

billytxc , welcome to our forum! :)

Sorry to hear about this issue - in the very first instance, can you please make sure about the following:

1. Please set the scale of the Rhino models itself to centimetre

2. Please make sure, that the scene itself is not too far away from the main origin point in Rhino (where you initially start when creating a new project)

If that doesn't help, does this behavior change when you adjust the "Projection" in the Visual Settings -> General tab?

Thank you very much in advance, if it does not, it would be great to receive the project itself.

• Wow, it appears that scaling to cm did indeed solve the issue. Thanks!

So does that mean I'll have to work in cm for Enscape to work properly?

• Official Post

Wow, it appears that scaling to cm did indeed solve the issue. Thanks!

So does that mean I'll have to work in cm for Enscape to work properly?

Happy to hear that! That would at least be recommended since this is the default scaling used by Enscape natively as well. Would this ever pose an issue to you? :)

• Official Post

Not at all, just good to know from now on. :thumbup:

Glad to hear that. Just asking to make sure there isn't anything hindering your workflow!

• Just curious, how far is "too far" away from the origin? 10m? 50m? 100m?

Our office standard units is millimetres, is there a significant change between mm and cm? As opposed to mm and metres?

This is good to know when setting up future projects, thanks!

• Official Post

Just curious, how far is "too far" away from the origin? 10m? 50m? 100m?

Our office standard units is millimetres, is there a significant change between mm and cm? As opposed to mm and metres?

This is good to know when setting up future projects, thanks!

Even 100m should still be fine - usually problems occur when the project is really, really far away from the origin.

Also, what do you mean with "significant change"? Are you referring to Rhino itself or in regards to Enscape? :) But yes, definitely a good idea to set it up to CM initially to avoid any issues.

• Even 100m should still be fine - usually problems occur when the project is really, really far away from the origin.

Also, what do you mean with "significant change"? Are you referring to Rhino itself or in regards to Enscape? :) But yes, definitely a good idea to set it up to CM initially to avoid any issues.

Thanks, this is good to know. For the units, I mean for enscape. We can adapt to any units as long as it works better for enscape. We often will build separate models for enscape so we will make sure to start these in cm from now on.