Clipping Plane Rhino 5 + Enscape 2.7

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello,

I was wondering if applying clipping planes to orthographic views in Enscape 2.7 is compatible with Rhino 5? This feature does not appear to work on my machine? I was also wondering if clipping planes work in the perspective projection mode?

Kind regards,

Grant

• Official Post

grant.trew , the clipping planes in general should also work in orthographic views - can you briefly send me a side by side of this behavior? :)

You can also go into the Visual Settings -> General tab -> Projection -> Here you can set it to perspective for example - or simply click on the top right icon to switch between projection modes (If the UI is turned on).

Finally, welcome to our forum!

• Hi Demian Gutberlet ,

Thank you for getting back to me. Please see below an image from Rhino 5 showing two objects affected by a clipping plane and in the Enscape 2.7.1 window there is no change to the geometry. Is there a trick I am missing? The clipping plane doesn't work in any projection type. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Grant

• Official Post

I was not able to reproduce this problem I'm afraid so your further cooperation would be great to further troubleshoot this. Can you give our latest preview a try to see if that helps, can you also let me know how many clipping planes you're using in your project? Is there perhaps a chance you could send over the project itself too? (Should the preview not help) :)

Thanks a lot again in advance.