2.8 Preview 5

• Downloaded the new preview this morning...

Trying to use the BATCH Rendering...

1. Any way to keep the FOLDER NAMES of my previously saved ArchiCAD Views?
    2. Recognizing that I can't yet... I tried to change the NAMES of the views in ArchiCAD View map but name was NOT reflected in the VIEWS Dialog for Enscape
      1. I added a DASH in front of the names in AC View Map
    3. I keep several folders of the same views... but the views are named the same...
      1. With Full Landscape
      2. Just Building
      3. Night Time
      4. etc.
      5. So I can't tell the difference in the enscape map between the same views in the different folders
      6. See #1 above
  • So.... I appreciate the IDEA of batch processing... but was a bust for me...

Waited over 20min for the FIRST rendering to save... never happened ... had to STOP...

Saving the first image MANUALLY (once Enscape had displayed the image) was about 1min...

I can switch views and save images quicker than the batch...

Maybe I'll try again tonight...

One of my suggestions is to create some kind of NAMING algorithm so I'm not stuck renaming everything after batch render.

A simple USER ENTERED PREFIX or SUFFIX system + the SAVED VIEW NAME would be great...

as the ultimate goal of these images is to be placed back into ArchiCAD which uses the FILENAME as a title, I'd prefer more control over the auto naming...

Actually this goes for Manually saving as well... A name such as

Enscape_2020-05-28-06-40-53_-AUTO COURT

doesn't work for me... (yes, I realize I'm not the only voice here... just want to throw it out there).

Also note that STOPPING the process of batch rendering caused the ENSCAPE toolbar to be useless.. most items greyed out or not changeable...

I am sure this was due to it not letting go of the process; thinking it was still trying to generate images. Had to restart ArchiCAD to get it back.

And... just to be clear, this is not a RANT... I'm thrilled with the product... just letting you know what I see...

• One of my suggestions is to create some kind of NAMING algorithm so I'm not stuck renaming everything after batch render.

A simple USER ENTERED PREFIX or SUFFIX system + the SAVED VIEW NAME would be great...

+1 I'd like more flexibility & options in naming too.