Transition effects

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I know it's fashionable to dump on Powerpoint - but it has it's moments - and even though all too often over-used, its slide transitions can still really be used with great effect.

Why am I talking about Powerpoint? Well, sometimes a story narrative moving through saved viewpoints in Enscape isn't singularly linear - and when one taps the page-down key to move forward through the story and sends everyone powering through a building along the curious pseudo-spline connecting-path the Enscape creates, it can be very jarring.

By now almost everyone using Enscape must have seen Phil's clever hack-trick with keyframe fades - but that's (only useful) for render-saved video outputs. In standalones, and live-sessions, the "eyes-open-teleport" between disconnected viewpoints becomes a challenge - and whilst we encourage our folk to keep the story as sequential as can be, as if on a walking tour, sometimes you "just" have to launch yourself 100metres into the air, or 1km away.... so... could we perhaps, one day, see some kind of (elective switch-on/off) fade-to-black/white or (other) transition effects?

• Official Post

snowyweston , that is a very interesting and logical request. Definitely something I will very gladly file as a feature request.