White surroundings

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I just noted in the new preview version feature list (that I've yet to install) there are some changes to the horizon and backdrop - which has reminded me to ask (as I can't recall having before) would it be at all possible to do away with the environment entirely?

Specifically, even with a solid-colour ground plane and/or sky map - there is still a "shading effect" across said planes - which means when wanting to only show the "model", live, standalone or as screenshot, we can't (as desired).

For screenshots (often destined for a report on good old boring plain white backgrounds) we find ourselves having to run around and magic-wand/lasso the building apart from shades of murky white/grey - which is a bit of a bore, (complicated by the gradations) since it's not like we can set up the masks for re-use as we can't ever return to the exact same viewpoint (itself a problem)

So I was wondering, can we have an option where both ground and sky planes are completely absent - and ONLY the model gets "rendered" - like how we can with, (cough) Revit already?

Does that make any sense?

• You can download a white Skybox here:

https://enscape3d.com/free-sample-revit-projects/

With v2.1 we will introduce horizon templates, having such white background will be a good addition for upcoming versions. :thumbup:

• snowyweston A plain white skybox should do the job.

And you can activate an additional background mask for the export of screenshots in the Capture tab of our settings.

Regarding the Viewpoint:

You can create Revit 3D views out of Enscape. By selecting these 3D views you should be able to return to the exact same position and view angle.