Update Asset Library - More Diverse People

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi, I wanted to place a request to have more people of color in the asset library. I am currently counting 235 caucasian assets out of the total 284 people. Our Architecture projects aren't just for white people and we would like a way to best represent this. Thank you!

• jtubb

We rely on external partners to be able to extend our diversity in the Asset Library.

So we are limited by their assortment.

What if Enscape made their own??? =D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We rely on external partners to be able to extend our diversity in the Asset Library.

So we are limited by their assortment.

This is not a great excuse. I assume you are suggesting to your partners that they increase their diversity....? Or perhaps that you will find other partners if they cannot provide this?

AXYZ design 3d people models and character animation software (axyz-design.com)

I believe these are listed in order of most recently added first. The top 75 are people of color. We are currently buying these types of assets and converting them ourselves. The assets are out there if you make the right selections and/or establish the right partnerships.

While the "free" Enscape content was at first sort of a "nice to have" to have feature, obviously many have become quite reliant on it. Given the presumed licensing fees involved, it doesn't seem realistic to expand your library indefinitely without raising costs. While I assume you cannot comment on such future plans, have you considered tiered pricing based on library access? Perhaps a limited "free" selection with the base plan and a "premium" library for additional cost? We would likely be fine with an added subscription for a (significantly) extended library, if that's what it take to save ourselves the hassle of having to do this ourselves. I expect many firms would feel the same. But it also allows users who may not want/need the extended content to not pay for something they aren't using.

• Official Post

Hi rifkin,

of course there is content out there that could help.

What I can tell you is that it is quite a difference if you are just using those assets for yourself or if you want to include them within your software. Sometimes we are just not able to come to an agreement. Either because of their requirements or the price or the quality.

If we found a provider, we still need to adjust them manually because the external assets are usually just too complex so that they would not match our performance standards.

So there are basically two things that are causing the belated release of specific assets:

1. Finding a GOOD matching external provider

2. Planning the ressources

We just released more diverse people last year in summer. So the priority to add even more is not the topmost at the moment. But we will surely add more as soon as we can.

• Hi rifkin,

of course there is content out there that could help.

What I can tell you is that it is quite a difference if you are just using those assets for yourself or if you want to include them within your software. Sometimes we are just not able to come to an agreement. Either because of their requirements or the price or the quality....

Totally understand. The people assets out there are generally ridiculously poly-heavy.

I think the asset library is a bit of a victim of your own success type of thing, because it is so convenient to use. I can't imagine the licensing entanglements that need to be negotiated. Again, I would wonder about tiered subscriptions, if that would be a viable path to having the resources for more assets/better partners.

• We just released more diverse people last year in summer. So the priority to add even more is not the topmost at the moment. But we will surely add more as soon as we can.

I think some of the point is missing here. Our clients are requesting more diversity with respect to people (race/ethnicity, physical abilities/impairments, weight, height, etc.) they see in the renderings they are provided. This is especially true with our public clients. Diversity is something that is being discussed at an incredible pace. I believe all of us are attempting to address this within our practices and many companies have put forth documentation stating as such. I believe Enscape could go a long way by following suit.

• totally agree. we are a studio in asia with clients from the same area. so you can imagine if we presented our animation, a beautiful animation but it ruin with the caucasian entourages ^^^^^^ maybe you can make like 1 pose people with multiple option, like some ethnicity, different color of clothing etc.

• more people of colour are required in the context of working in Africa- presentations are let down by the inclusion of mostly white people in countries where this is not the norm.