Batch render view and file name

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • EGIE - sorry for the late reply. wetransfer should offer you the option of a URL, that you can then send to me via private message.

• I'm a bit hesitant to try a preview as I'm working toward a deadline for a client presentation. Thank for confirming it's possible to batch render to match Rhino views.

1. Can I do it with 2.7?

2. There's no problem when rendering one by one. How can I force batch render to behave the same way as single rendering?

3. Think found an issue here:

I thought if I use "creates a named view..." from Enscape menu bar, batch render would match. That's the problem. When I create 'named view' using Enscape button, it create a completely different view from what I am looking at in Rhino view.

• Goodmorning - Is View Synchronization enabled when you create the view, as that then takes the Field of View from the CAD. Having View Synchronization disabled will unlock Field of View in the Enscape Visual Settings, so you then create the view with that value.

• Goodmorning - Is View Synchronization enabled when you create the view, as that then takes the Field of View from the CAD. Having View Synchronization disabled will unlock Field of View in the Enscape Visual Settings, so you then create the view with that value.

I don't want to sound rude, but what's the point of 'view synchronization' then? Does 2.8 fix this issue?

• Official Post

I don't want to sound rude, but what's the point of 'view synchronization' then? Does 2.8 fix this issue?

We can read the FoV information out of the CAD solution you're using, but we cannot write the FoV from the Enscape Settings into the CAD itself since that is technically not possible. This hasn't changed with 2.8 either I'm afraid, our hands are tied here.

The "view synchronization" feature is also often being used to allow for the same viewport outputs in both Enscape and the CAD, so that objects and such can easily be moved/edited among other things, and there is no need to navigate to that spot in both Enscape and the CAD.

• We can read the FoV information out of the CAD solution you're using, but we cannot write the FoV from the Enscape Settings into the CAD itself since that is technically not possible. This hasn't changed with 2.8 either I'm afraid, our hands are tied here.

The "view synchronization" feature is also often being used to allow for the same viewport outputs in both Enscape and the CAD, so that objects and such can easily be moved/edited among other things, and there is no need to navigate to that spot in both Enscape and the CAD.

Okay, I understand. If I want to use Batch Render, I have to:

1. turn off View Sync

2. set up a view on Enscape Window directly.

It's not ideal, but at least I now see what's happening.

However, I really hope that Batch Render file name only contains 'view name' without dates. I always use linked images for Photoshop. Batch Render keeps creating new file names; then links won't work.

• We can read the FoV information out of the CAD solution you're using, but we cannot write the FoV from the Enscape Settings into the CAD itself since that is technically not possible. This hasn't changed with 2.8 either I'm afraid, our hands are tied here.

Since views can be recalled by Rhino named views I wonder that Enscape can't do it. At the moment I'm not using Enscape and can't test it, but based the Enscape batch rendering not on Rhino views? Would it not help to recall the Rhino views per Rhino command?

I missed the right recall of the Rhino views a lot in the past.

• Another question with Batch render (besides file naming), how would it work with Rhino Snapshots? When save views directly from Enscape window, it creates 'named views' in Rhino. In order to hide/show certain objects in each scene, 'snapshots' has to be used. (please let me know there's another way)

• + 1 on file names = SketchUp scene name without the time stamps - it's just additional work to manually relink updated renders when raster images are linked in e.g. layout or indesign. I much rather overwrite the old render file and voila everything updates. At least please give us a choice which method we prefer.

regarding batch render and matching SketchUp scenes:

We've been trying to figure that out for a while now and concluded the only way to get a render to match your sketchup scene is to turn view sync on and render each scene manually.

Batch render uses a different camera angle for scenes created directly in SketchUp. Read somewhere that the reason for this difference is that SketchUps FOV is horizontal and Enscape vertical or vice versa something like this? Is there a way to calculate the perfect enscape FOV from SketchUps FOV?

So the right way to set up SketchUp views for batch render is to preview them (with sync off??) in the enscape window and use the create scene button - right? This way I can preview them in the enscape windows "views" tab and correctly render them. Only thing is that the detault enscape window might not be perfectly 16:9? I noticed the view gets rendered with more pixels on top & bottom but width fits perfectly. Is there a way to set my preview window to be perfectly 16:9?

Did I understand the secret to perfect Sketchup batch renders right?

• I've written an AutoHotKey (AHK) script to process my rendered images, here what it does:

• I use SketchUp
    • I render png's to a folder on my desktop called Output
    • I render by default at 4000x3000px

My AHK script:

• Prompts me to select a desination Project
    • Renames the files to Projectname-Scenename.png
    • Creates a dated folder in the selected project
    • Created 3 subfolders in the new dated folder
    • Using ImageMagik it copies each png as a full size (4000x3000) jpg to one of the 3 folders
    • Using ImageMagik it copies each png as a 1600x1200 jpg (same aspect as original) to one of the 3 folders
    • Using ImageMagik it copies each png as a 1600x988 jpg (Phi aspect) to one of the 3 folders
    • (The last two are for emailing)
    • It then prompts me to delete the original png's in the Output folder

AHK is easy enough to undertand if you've done any coding/scripting but its no 'walk in the park'.

I'm willing to share my script BUT ... I WONT BE RESONSIBLE IF YOU USE IT AND IT SCREWS WITH YOUR FILES. Its a simple text file and not encripted so you can read each line and make adjustments to suit your needs (you'll have to anyway to make it work with your filing system)

I've attached a screenshot of its dialog and a bit of the code, if the code looks in any way scary then THIS ISNT FOR YOU

• sKetchup scenes do not remember Enscape Render Presets, and Enscape Views do not remember Geometry or layers visibilety of sKetchup scenes.. Does remember daytime though.. Yet.. So unless You use the same aspect ratio (which is tricky because FOV in sketchup is Vertical and in ENS Horizontal) in both windows, have always the same geometry visible in each scene, and render in same cloudy sky, exposure settings etc.. Batch Render will not be much help..

If You have different aspect ratio in both vieports then You look on Your view in ENS viewport and add scene and it keeps a Vertical FOV when adding sceen in sKetchup.. all looks good cos my view in sKetchup is wider (nothing is trimmed) but then You click Take Screenshot and this time it will keep an ENS Vertical FOV trimming Yours sketchup scene up and down..

End other thing is that If You add a scene in sKetchup , change the view and Update.. go to ENS and choose that scene from Manage Views window.. NO UPDATE.. so You have to add a scene again and delete old instead of updating.. Maybe this is why @EGIE had batch renders from different seemingly random positions..

So best I wa do is :

• click sKetchup scene (for visible geometry)
    • click ENS Synchronize View (for updated camera position and resolving problem of different FOV)
    • choose scene from ENS Manage Views where I've linked render presets (elevation and plan need a bit different than view and interior)
    • lastly.... one by one... :(

PS. how do You make a tab.. two spaces at the beginning of the line

• From my testing You can only achieve the same look in sKetchup and ENS viewports if both have the same aspect ratio.. if You will have ENS viewport wider then sKetchup then at least it is save.. render will ad extra up and down.
    Considering it and assuming that You don't change elements visibilety between sceens batch render should work fine.. except my PC is dying even on smallest files.. long time no upgrade.. love my office...

• For all the above named reasons and circumstances (and several others as well) the entire 3D team around me, when working with Enscape, is encouraged to use Eneroth's Resize Vieport plugin for all render processes without exception. Due to team workflow requirements which has prio #1 in our company, the most important reason is still the 1 to 1 reproducibility of render tasks across all hardware platforms and SkUp-setups which works fine. Unfortunately even this specification is also limited when you have a SkUp 2 point perspective scene...

• Unfortunately even this specification is also limited when you have a SkUp 2 point perspective scene...

It is funny cos I thought that 2P Perspective is just special case of perspective when Horizon is horizontal and exactly on half screen to keep vertical lines in model vertical on display and image..

I mean judging from the fact that if I do set up my perspective to not rolled camera and set horizon on half screen, then switching to 2P Perspective doesn't change a bit..

• I didn't test yet what will happen when I have different ratio in sK, ENS, and Capture Resolution in Visual Settings.. I think I am not going to..

As for me.. a NOTE for ENS Team...

to me ENScape is great,.. but auxiliary program to sKetchup or any CAD in fact.. and as such I would expect it to render exactly what I have in my sK viewport,.. more is accepteable ;) .. less shouldn't happen :(

I think If You could leave the ENS Manage Views just for linking visual presets and everything just read from sKetchup sceen setup.. it would be less confusing..