Material Window prevent using Rhino

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Once Enscape Material window is open, it stops everything else until it's closed. Since it's cumbersome to open Enscape material window every time I need to do something with material, I'd like to have it open. Could you please let me know how to. Or is it limitation set by Rhino

• Goodmorning - this is actually a technical limitation, unfortunately, and there is currently no fix or workaround for this.

This isn't to say that this may change at some point in the distant future, but the implementation of removing the lock of window focus is partly blocked on the Rhino side.

• Goodmorning - the information I have to hand is that this workflow is sadly not going to change, as the block on the Rhino side causes any circumvention of this impossible.

I'm giving you the simple version here, as the detailed explanation is of course somewhat (read: a lot) more complicated.

• Okay, if the window has to stay on top stopping everything on Rhino as its Rhino's own limitation. Can we at least open Enscape Material window large enough so that I can see all materials? It doesn't matter if the window blocks views--it's not like I can do anything else.

• Goodmorning - Do you mean all the materials that appear in the list on the left hand side of the Material Editor window? Doesn't the scroll accommodate that?

Essentially, you just want the ability to maximize the Material Editor window. Making the window 'large enough' is open to interpretation.

• Goodmorning - Do you mean all the materials that appear in the list on the left hand side of the Material Editor window? Doesn't the scroll accommodate that?

Essentially, you just want the ability to maximize the Material Editor window. Making the window 'large enough' is open to interpretation.

When material editor is open first, the window's so tiny that you have to scroll through to find a material you want to edit. Once a material is selected, then the window becomes larger. It's not a huge deal, but I was wondering if it's possible to have the material editor open with a larger window even before a material is selected.

• Official Post

When material editor is open first, the window's so tiny that you have to scroll through to find a material you want to edit. Once a material is selected, then the window becomes larger. It's not a huge deal, but I was wondering if it's possible to have the material editor open with a larger window even before a material is selected.

I can gladly file that as a feature request - although, can you simply not select any material even if it's one you don't want to edit, so that the window becomes larger afterward?

• I can gladly file that as a feature request - although, can you simply not select any material even if it's one you don't want to edit, so that the window becomes larger afterward?

Not really sure what you mean by "simply not select any material..." When the material window opens, it's tiny. The user has to scroll down to find a material. Since nothing on Rhino works when the material window is open, this window might as well be full screen to easily see all the lists of materials. Why open it so tiny?

• Official Post

Not really sure what you mean by "simply not select any material..." When the material window opens, it's tiny. The user has to scroll down to find a material. Since nothing on Rhino works when the material window is open, this window might as well be full screen to easily see all the lists of materials. Why open it so tiny?

Yes, but it should become bigger once you've selected ANY material. So, you could also just select the first material "Aisle" in this case and the window becomes larger. Do you get what I mean? :)

• Yes, but it should become bigger once you've selected ANY material. So, you could also just select the first material "Aisle" in this case and the window becomes larger. Do you get what I mean? :)

Just found that when Asset Library is open, I can still use Rhino, click things and rotate views. This makes it easier to place assets. How come Asset Library doesn't freeze the entire thing like other windows?