Problem with the mirror!

• Hi Demian,

I understood that a complete mirror effect is not possible because of Enscape real time rendering system.

Question:

won’t it be possible to improve this, as Twinmotion did with the reflection prob ?

Enscape is really, stable fast and powerful !! apart mirrors ... ... I have to use another soft to obtain desired effect and integrate it on Enscape renders and panorama.

thanks

• Hi Demian,

I understood that a complete mirror effect is not possible because of Enscape real time rendering system.

Question:

won’t it be possible to improve this, as Twinmotion did with the reflection prob ?...

...for sure many people want an improvement here but Twinmotion's strange reflection prob procedure is something I would not like to experience in Enscape ;):)

• This is always something we're looking to improve with basically every release. Due to real-time rendering limitations they will mostly only display what is already visible on the screen in full detail, basic walls and assets should still also be visible, even when they are not visible on screen. RTX does help with more true-to-life mirrors/reflections, but it's not a magic bullet. (yet)

Overall, as hardware gets better and better at such a rapid pace, we'll also be able to offer more and more details in reflections.

Finally, can you perhaps send me a screenshot of the scene in which you have the mirror placed? There may be some tricks I can share with you if it's fitting to the scene.

• That's a really great looking project. :)

So in this case, if performance would allow it, you could actually mirror the scene so that you're basically looking through an open window. This is definitely not ideal, we understand that, but again, if your system allows it performance wise it might be worth giving this trick a try. You could also only include a part of the project, reducing it to only what's necessary for the "mirror".

Overall, looking straight at a mirror like this, with all the elements NOT in the "screenspace" (what's visible on screen) will always cause such behavior since it would take a tremendous amount of performance to render elements off-screen like that without RTX. That would make navigation a nightmare.

• That's a really great looking project. :)

So in this case, if performance would allow it, you could actually mirror the scene so that you're basically looking through an open window. This is definitely not ideal, we understand that, but again, if your system allows it performance wise it might be worth giving this trick a try. You could also only include a part of the project, reducing it to only what's necessary for the "mirror".

Overall, looking straight at a mirror like this, with all the elements NOT in the "screenspace" (what's visible on screen) will always cause such behavior since it would take a tremendous amount of performance to render elements off-screen like that without RTX. That would make navigation a nightmare.

Thanks, if I understand you correctly ( I am french ), I render a reverse view ( "mirror the scene" ) and modify render images with photoshop for example ? If yes, it's already what I did
    if not could you please clarify.
    Thanks

• Thanks, if I understand you correctly ( I am french ), I render a reverse view ( "mirror the scene" ) and modify render images with photoshop for example ? If yes, it's already what I did
    if not could you please clarify.
    Thanks

Sorry about the confusion!

This is what I'm referring to:

True Mirror

Again, this if course not an "ideal" solution and it may cost too much performance. But, give it a try if you like!

• ok thanks, it's quicker for me and not making to complex my models using photoshop :) but can be a great solution. thanks ;)

Understandable. May come in handy with a smaller project perhaps in the future. ;)

• 513/5000

It would be possible

In order to have better reflections in the mirrors.

A new material could help, with a parameter that allows controlling the distance even of the objects to be reflected.

In this way, this material could be used only in certain cases, where it is necessary that some nearby objects are reflected but all the rest are left aside in the reflection process.

There are images that only need to reflect portions of an entire project. The rest of the project is unnecessary be part of those reflections.

• Wrote you in the thread you've created. As mentioned, it's not as straightforward I'm afraid, but your feedback will be forwarded of course.