Problem with the mirror!

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hey aibek.almeshov , please kindly share a screenshot of this behavior, and check out this FAQ article here as well. Plus, welcome to our forum! :)

• Hi Demian,

I understood that a complete mirror effect is not possible because of Enscape real time rendering system.

Question:

won’t it be possible to improve this, as Twinmotion did with the reflection prob ?

Enscape is really, stable fast and powerful !! apart mirrors ... ... I have to use another soft to obtain desired effect and integrate it on Enscape renders and panorama.

thanks

• Hi Demian,

I understood that a complete mirror effect is not possible because of Enscape real time rendering system.

Question:

won’t it be possible to improve this, as Twinmotion did with the reflection prob ?...

...for sure many people want an improvement here but Twinmotion's strange reflection prob procedure is something I would not like to experience in Enscape ;):)

• Official Post

This is always something we're looking to improve with basically every release. Due to real-time rendering limitations they will mostly only display what is already visible on the screen in full detail, basic walls and assets should still also be visible, even when they are not visible on screen. RTX does help with more true-to-life mirrors/reflections, but it's not a magic bullet. (yet)

Overall, as hardware gets better and better at such a rapid pace, we'll also be able to offer more and more details in reflections.

Finally, can you perhaps send me a screenshot of the scene in which you have the mirror placed? There may be some tricks I can share with you if it's fitting to the scene.

• Official Post

That's a really great looking project. :)

So in this case, if performance would allow it, you could actually mirror the scene so that you're basically looking through an open window. This is definitely not ideal, we understand that, but again, if your system allows it performance wise it might be worth giving this trick a try. You could also only include a part of the project, reducing it to only what's necessary for the "mirror".

Overall, looking straight at a mirror like this, with all the elements NOT in the "screenspace" (what's visible on screen) will always cause such behavior since it would take a tremendous amount of performance to render elements off-screen like that without RTX. That would make navigation a nightmare.

• That's a really great looking project. :)

So in this case, if performance would allow it, you could actually mirror the scene so that you're basically looking through an open window. This is definitely not ideal, we understand that, but again, if your system allows it performance wise it might be worth giving this trick a try. You could also only include a part of the project, reducing it to only what's necessary for the "mirror".

Overall, looking straight at a mirror like this, with all the elements NOT in the "screenspace" (what's visible on screen) will always cause such behavior since it would take a tremendous amount of performance to render elements off-screen like that without RTX. That would make navigation a nightmare.

Thanks, if I understand you correctly ( I am french ), I render a reverse view ( "mirror the scene" ) and modify render images with photoshop for example ? If yes, it's already what I did
    if not could you please clarify.
    Thanks

• Official Post

Thanks, if I understand you correctly ( I am french ), I render a reverse view ( "mirror the scene" ) and modify render images with photoshop for example ? If yes, it's already what I did
    if not could you please clarify.
    Thanks

Sorry about the confusion!

This is what I'm referring to:

True Mirror

Again, this if course not an "ideal" solution and it may cost too much performance. But, give it a try if you like!

• Official Post

ok thanks, it's quicker for me and not making to complex my models using photoshop :) but can be a great solution. thanks ;)

Understandable. May come in handy with a smaller project perhaps in the future. ;)

• 513/5000

It would be possible

In order to have better reflections in the mirrors.

A new material could help, with a parameter that allows controlling the distance even of the objects to be reflected.

In this way, this material could be used only in certain cases, where it is necessary that some nearby objects are reflected but all the rest are left aside in the reflection process.

There are images that only need to reflect portions of an entire project. The rest of the project is unnecessary be part of those reflections.

• Official Post

Wrote you in the thread you've created. As mentioned, it's not as straightforward I'm afraid, but your feedback will be forwarded of course.

• Hi Enscape Team,

Could you / did you plan to solve this poor mirror quality we have with Enscape ?

After several render engine test, I'm convince that Enscape IS the best solution for Architects because stable, quick, good synchronisation and renders quality. It's a shame to see this mirror imperfection when all of the rest is good.

Please be aware of this, we now have solutions such as D5render and Lavina Project which have a better quality and fast as Enscape. They are still on development with betas version and I hope that Enscape team will solve this "minor" problem soon.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

• Official Post

Hi Enscape Team,

Could you / did you plan to solve this poor mirror quality we have with Enscape ?

After several render engine test, I'm convince that Enscape IS the best solution for Architects because stable, quick, good synchronisation and renders quality. It's a shame to see this mirror imperfection when all of the rest is good.

Please be aware of this, we now have solutions such as D5render and Lavina Project which have a better quality and fast as Enscape. They are still on development with betas version and I hope that Enscape team will solve this "minor" problem soon.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Thanks for your feedback and the kind words.

We're into further developments at the moment to optimize our reflections further and allow for more objects being displayed and such. You're also gonna see great improvements when it comes to RTX reflections as well, this is something planned for 2.9, and should be available in a preview before earlier. :)

• Official Post

This should be the number 1 priority for Enscape!

It's in the top priorities for us, but as mentioned, real-time reflections do have their limitations and we can only do as much as the current hardware allows. That being said, hardware is getting faster a rapid pace so we can and will improve our reflections further and further.

• Looking forward to this! But please don't just push it off onto RTX raytracing checkbox or something. We need more software tools not just hardware.

Regarding the "hardware limitations" and "speed" "and "software simplicity" that the team brings up every time this question is asked, though...Seriously, I'm happy to wait DOUBLE or even TRIPLE the amount of time for Enscape to render a scene if that's what it takes for that scene to render mirrors as I intended. That's what, like, 3 minutes instead of 1.5? lol, Vray users are waiting HOURS.

Users that have hardware limitations and can't render additional reflections - "Hardware limitations"

Users that don't have time to render additional reflections - "Speed"

Users that don't wish to learn how to render additional reflections - "Software Simplicity"'

...and for the rest of us that do not fall into those descriptions above? - Please give us the tools to do so.

• Official Post

Tim , I'll gladly forward your feedback, but as has been mentioned as well, it's not as simple as just having users wait longer for perfect reflections. The whole technical background is a lot more complex than that, otherwise we would've done it quite a while ago. So in that regard, it would not simply take twice as long to have a perfect reflection in the end results.

But as mentioned, your feedback will be forwarded as always, and with 2.9 further improved reflections will be made available too.