Rhino gradient transparency

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello enscape community! Is there an option to make the gradient transparency of the curtains as shown in the image?

This was a render made with vray previously; I am trying to adjust the materials to enscape now, however I can't seem to find an option that allows me to do something similar to this.

• Official Post

Hi anamariadb , thanks a lot for your post and welcome to our forum. :)

If you're using Rhino 6, you can make use of our Material Editor.

I've used the following settings:

To achieve the following results:

For that you only require a gradient color texture, and since it's a curtain a transparency texture that can be useful, which you'll find attached with my reply (mostly opaque mesh.jpg). Then I've set the "Explicit Texture Transformation" (which you can adjust by clicking on the transparency texture in the editor after importing the file to 0.1 x 0.1.

Feel free to please adjust the settings to your liking of course until you're satisfied with the results. Please also let me know if you have any other questions regarding this topic. :)