Maxtree textures behaving strangely!

• Hi there lovely people,

I have been experimenting with Maxtree plant models. Downloading as FBX and running through Transmutr to Sketchup.

Highly detailed models mean very heavy geometry, but they work fabulously as Proxy models for my landscape design work.

But I'm having the stangest problem when it comes to the tree models.

The foliage comes through over shiny in Enscape, so adjusting the roughness slider to reduce reflection seems like a simple thing.

However when I reduce the roughness slider and click on the next leaf texture to do the same the previous leaf texture not only becomes less shiny it is also rotated! Two screenshots attached.

I'm so very confused. Please help!

Cheers,

Manuela

• Hi there

Enscape material editor has a problem with UV of object.

I saw this behavior of Enscape material with Mega_Scane Assets and report here :

texture Distortion after making a change in Enscape Material

at this moment you should save UV with any Sketchup Plugin and then edit material and then load UV (I use TT-UVtoolkit)

• I have had the same issue with Maxtree assets, but with the trunk textures rather than leaves.

Make a note of the SKP material/texture dimensions. Once you adjust the roughness, and this problem occurs, go back and check the original material/texture dimensions are the same as before. If not, change them back and this should hopefully sort it.

• I have had the same issue with Maxtree assets, but with the trunk textures rather than leaves.

Make a note of the SKP material/texture dimensions. Once you adjust the roughness, and this problem occurs, go back and check the original material/texture dimensions are the same as before. If not, change them back and this should hopefully sort it.

Yes, you are quite right! Many thanks for your help eliotbnz. It is very much appreciated :). On a side note, have you tried using Maxtree assets with Twinmotion or Lumion. Neither seem able to read the opacity maps. I can't wait until Enscape has animated people, vehicles and fire. Cheers, Manuela

• Yes, you are quite right! Many thanks for your help eliotbnz. It is very much appreciated :). On a side note, have you tried using Maxtree assets with Twinmotion or Lumion. Neither seem able to read the opacity maps. I can't wait until Enscape has animated people, vehicles and fire. Cheers, Manuela

Great to hear!

Yes we use Twinmotion a little, but are yet to try the maxtree import process. The quality in Twinmotion is difficult to achieve - Enscape is considerably better, though with Twinmotion being free, we do defer to it occasionally (particularly with Revit-based projects). Like you say, animated assets would be great and probably the number one issue for us right now.