Emissive Material Bug

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hello Enscape Support Team,

For some reasons, when I change emissive material luminance and close the material editor, and open the material editor again, the setting will always reset to the default 5000cd/square meter. Please see attached link for more info. Also this only happen to emissive material with an albedo texture assigned, the ones with only albedo color and no texture are just fine. Any clue what the problem is. Thank you. ----Ivan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/586a…ssive%20material.mp4?dl=0

VersionBuildDate: 2020/5/26 12:40 (UTC)

DefaultGpu: NVIDIA Corporation | GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2 | 4.6.0 NVIDIA 446.14
    GpuInfo:
    -----------------------------------
    Win32_VideoController instance
    AdapterCompatibility: NVIDIA
    Description: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    VideoProcessor: GeForce RTX 2060
    AdapterRAM: 6144 MB
    DriverDate: 20200515000000.000000-000
    DriverVersion: 26.21.14.4614

CpuInfo:
    Win32_Processor instance
    Name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50GHz
    MaxClockSpeed: 3501
    NumberOfCores: 4
    Manufacturer: GenuineIntel

MemoryInfo: 16298 MB
    OsVersion: 6.1.7601
    ProgramVersion: SketchUp Pro 17.2.2555

• Official Post

ivandrew05 , thanks a lot for your report. :)

In the very first instance, can you give our latest preview a try to see if this helps with your problem? We've resolved quite a few different smaller issues in that version already - these fixes will also find their into our release soon of course too.

Thanks a lot in advance, if the preview does not help at all we'll investigate further.

• @ Demian Gutberlet Thank you Mr. Gutberlet.

I did what you suggest, after installing the preview version, I lauch sketchup and get a pop up window showing fatal error(see attached image). When I click yes, nothing show up, I just get into the normal sketchup with no enscape loaded. I tried 2.8.0 preview 9, preview 8 and preview 7, same fatal error. So I didn't get the chance to tried the emissive material. For your information, my colleague's enscape emissive material are working just fine, the only difference is he's using windows 10 while my operation system is windows 7. I wonder if the bug is related to the OS.

Thank you.

• Official Post

ivandrew05 , I'm so sorry to hear about that!

Just to make sure as a further step, please uninstall any version of Enscape on your machine, then reboot the machine, run the Enscape installer again and in the first window of the installation process, where you will see the checkbox named 'I accept the terms in the License Agreement' make sure that is checked. This will enable the Advanced button which you should then click to proceed to the next window which will offer you the option to install for all users of the machine.

Does this help with the error you're receiving? Can you then run Enscape successfully afterward?

• Official Post

@ Demian Gutberlet,

Sadly, I uninstalled enscape, reboot the computer and installed again, still got the same fatal error. Guess for the time being, I'm stuck with 2.7.2 version and have to wait for the non-preview version 2.8.0. Thanks anyway.

Sorry to hear that! Can you then kindly send in a feedback report from 2.7.2, then we may at least receive the log files from 2.8 too, so that we can troubleshoot the cause behind this issue:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

In the submission form simply include a reference to this thread like the link itself. :)

• Sorry to hear that! Can you then kindly send in a feedback report from 2.7.2, then we may at least receive the log files from 2.8 too, so that we can troubleshoot the cause behind this issue:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

In the submission form simply include a reference to this thread like the link itself. :)

Sent. Everything works just fine in 2.7.2, except the emissive material. Regards.

• Official Post

Sent. Everything works just fine in 2.7.2, except the emissive material. Regards.

Thanks a lot, we'll check it out.