Separate material on Polysurfaces

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I was going crazy why can't assign different materials on each surfaces. With Rhino 6, each surface in polysurface can be selected with Ctl+Shift click. Then, I should be able to assign different materials. However, Enscape doesn't show it. Is it not supported?

• I was going crazy why can't assign different materials on each surfaces. With Rhino 6, each surface in polysurface can be selected with Ctl+Shift click. Then, I should be able to assign different materials. However, Enscape doesn't show it. Is it not supported?

We have the same frustration! Hopping it will be supported soon!

• Official Post

I will gladly forward your feedback, thanks a lot. :)

• This is actually a big issue since it forces us to explode polysurfaces or model discreet surfaces solely for the use of Enscape. We had intended for Enscape to be part of an iterative design process but it has become, in fact, an obstacle to this intent since we have to cater this this very specific limitation. So, the request is very simple. Please have Enscape respect material mapping from Rhino, specifically sub-object mapping. As a point of reference, V-Ray respects this type of mapping from Rhino as does Lumion.

• This is actually a big issue since it forces us to explode polysurfaces or model discreet surfaces solely for the use of Enscape. We had intended for Enscape to be part of an iterative design process but it has become, in fact, an obstacle to this intent since we have to cater this this very specific limitation. So, the request is very simple. Please have Enscape respect material mapping from Rhino, specifically sub-object mapping. As a point of reference, V-Ray respects this type of mapping from Rhino as does Lumion.

yes, it's driving me insane to explode every single time to change material and regroup or rejoin. Imagine you keep doing that during important client meetings. Enscape also doesn't reflect displacement and render round corner. It gets crazy when all the objects have to be extracted as mesh.

It feels like Enscape is focusing on Sketchup more. Hopefully Rhino doesn't get pushed aside.

• Official Post

I understand your concerns, thanks a lot - this is something I'll re-discuss with our development team as well. Your feedback will of course be forwarded too.