Enscape Asset Creator: New version (1.3)

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hey,

I finished the new version of the unofficial Enscape Asset Creator! You can download it here .

New features include:

• Browse your library from the creator
    • The asset creator will now take care of the folder management and file naming for you. You no longer have to use windows explorer to create folders and subfolders.
    • Instant search
    • See thumbnails
    • Thumbnails are now automatically down-sampled to 256x256px (to keep your Enscape library fast).
    • Statistics are shown like outline polycount, gltf size and texture size. The statistics will color red if they are exceeding the recommended limits*.
    • Delete assets (careful, there's no undo)
    • Guids are now read-only and automatically created
    • Remembers the location of your last loaded library for quick loading.
    • Remembers the location of your last loaded asset (gltf, obj and thumbnail) for quick navigation
    • See the total number of assets in the library
    • Loading bar when opening large libraries
    • For advanced users: a details panel with the json code, guid and a button to open the asset location in windows explorer (for advanced users)
    • Better error handling with error messages (let me know if you still run into issues)

Known issues (let me know which ones are deal breakers)

• There's no way to set the units for the outline (for now you still have to use meters, but most of the code for unit support is done, it just has to be exposed in the UI)
    • The UI can be a bit glitchy in some cases, especially the library list. I'm looking into switching to a different UI framework.

Special thanks

• To the Enscape team for their continued support
    • Steven Campell for sharing UI mockups
    • For the people who helped betatest (Ariel Amador León and others)

let me know in this topic if you like it and whether you run into any issues.

*The suggested limits are 500 polygons for the placeholder, 5mb for gltf and 5mb for textures. I'm happy to adjust these based on the feedback from the Enscape team (or the user community). In the meantime, you can customize the recommended limits in the Asset Creator.exe.Config file.

• thats interesting - thanks

would be super if you could implement a feature or info in the tutorial on how to prepare custom vegetation for the vertex animation wind effect :)

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

Edited once, last by bsfranza ().

• You need to upload at least one .gltf and one . Bin at the same time. Could you send a screenshot of what files you are adding?

Also, enscape has a first beta of their official enscape creator out. You might want to give that one a try, because this workaround will not work with enscape upcoming release unfortunately.

• Anyone experiencing this issue : when rendering in Enscape, the assets are white - no texture applied ? I had all the texture files and uploaded them in the Asset Creator dialogue. Do I need to run the tool with admin rights, or something ?

Thanks !

• Hey Paul,

A common issue is having spaces in the textures. The spaces need to be removed before you export to gltf. So renaming the textures after exporting to gltf will not work.

However, I recommend downloading the last preview release (preview 4) which has an official Enscape Asset creator (no longer a workaround made by the community). That should have much broader support and will also allow you to import .fbx or .obj.

• Hello Pieter can you please provide a direct link? I can't download using bitly liks :(

Thank you !

• My asset creator was useful when Enscape didn't have their own solution. Since Enscape 2.9 Enscape has a great custom asset creator that's much better then my editor so I recommend you use the official one instead (it's what I do as well).

There a few updates to the official asset editor in beta right now that will make it even better (you can download the preview and test it out yourself).

The only thing I still miss from my asset editor is being able to see the statistics (placeholder polycount, gltf file size, texture file size) because that was very handy to QA/QC.

• My asset creator was useful when Enscape didn't have their own solution. Since Enscape 2.9 Enscape has a great custom asset creator that's much better then my editor so I recommend you use the official one instead (it's what I do as well).

There a few updates to the official asset editor in beta right now that will make it even better (you can download the preview and test it out yourself).

The only thing I still miss from my asset editor is being able to see the statistics (placeholder polycount, gltf file size, texture file size) because that was very handy to QA/QC.

I wanted to use yours because the enscape editor always creates out-of-scale models for me, even a simple chair, exported with blender, when I import the model in Escape, is huge!

• If you can share an example file here I can take a look.

What format are you exporting to from Blender? Have you applied the transforms in Blender (CTRL+A -> all transforms)?

My plugin wasn't processing 3D data, I just took the .gtlf 'as is' and just applied the necessary naming conventions to make the asset workaround work. I would expect that anything that you put into my plugin, would also work when loaded into the official asset editor.

• I wanted to use yours because the enscape editor always creates out-of-scale models for me, even a simple chair, exported with blender, when I import the model in Escape, is huge!

Veen,
    Do the scales match? The Enscape Asset Library dimensions are in meters.

change your 3D source file to meters. If necessary rescale your original 3D file.

Alternatively: Load your 3D file, change the dimensions in the Custom Asset Editor and reload the 3D file.

• I wanted to use yours because the enscape editor always creates out-of-scale models for me, even a simple chair, exported with blender, when I import the model in Escape, is huge!

You can do what I do. I first import the file into the Custom Asset Editor, change the scale and then import the file again and BOOM, the file is imported with correct dimensions and the preview is centered as it should be.

• You can do what I do. I first import the file into the Custom Asset Editor, change the scale and then import the file again and BOOM, the file is imported with correct dimensions and the preview is centered as it should be.

Fixed ;)