Texture mapping with Rhino 6

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello,

I'm getting materials set up for Enscape via Rhino 6. I set up texture mapping with the UV Editor and Unwrap tools in Rhino to correctly tile a UV image onto a polysurface, but when it displayed in Enscape, the texturing as visualized in Rhino reverts to the default mapping in Enscape.

I alternately tried setting up a new Enscape material, with the same jpg image for mapping, and maintained the same texture mapping on the polysurface, but this also did not translate into Enscape. The material previews in Rhino correctly. Is there something I'm missing? Or does Enscape not inherit the same mapping properties that exist in Rhino? Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

• Official Post

Hello,

I'm getting materials set up for Enscape via Rhino 6. I set up texture mapping with the UV Editor and Unwrap tools in Rhino to correctly tile a UV image onto a polysurface, but when it displayed in Enscape, the texturing as visualized in Rhino reverts to the default mapping in Enscape.

I alternately tried setting up a new Enscape material, with the same jpg image for mapping, and maintained the same texture mapping on the polysurface, but this also did not translate into Enscape. The material previews in Rhino correctly. Is there something I'm missing? Or does Enscape not inherit the same mapping properties that exist in Rhino? Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I'm afraid, this kind of texture mapping will not be supported by Enscape yet - you'll probably want to split the textures and apply them separately, because we right now only support the default "Mapping Channel" in Rhino for Enscape due to technical reasons. If you're doing that, I also recommend importing the textures via our Material Editor, after setting the type to "Enscape" so that it becomes possible.