Batch rendering does not work with "Use Viewport Aspect Ratio"

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Can someone please explain why batch rendering with a linked preset does not produce the same result as a screenshot render with the same preset loaded?

As mentioned the preset has the "Use Viewport Aspect Ratio" box ticked.

The screenshot method creates the render I want but the batch render zooms in or crops the view.

I have not been able to use the batch render function with any success to date.

• Official Post

Can someone please explain why batch rendering with a linked preset does not produce the same result as a screenshot render with the same preset loaded?

As mentioned the preset has the "Use Viewport Aspect Ratio" box ticked.

The screenshot method creates the render I want but the batch render zooms in or crops the view.

I have not been able to use the batch render function with any success to date.

In the very first instance, please give our latest preview a try to see if that helps? If it does not, please kindly briefly get back to me and I'll be investigating further.

• I've installed the latest version and I was still having the problem above.

However, I think I have found a solution.

The project with the views I am having this problem with was created originally just over 2 years ago and therefore the view settings were also created with whatever the current version of Enscape was at the time.

This was obviously well before there was such a thing as batch rendering or even saving view settings in the SU project.

So when the ability to save presets in project came about in later versions of Enscape I used the legacy setting import function and then created presets saved to the project with them.

This is what is causing the problem because I tried making new view presets from scratch using default settings and tested the screenshot vs batch method and it works fine.

• Official Post

That's great to hear, thank you for the explanation regarding how you've resolved it, this will be something which we can forward to our customers which experience that same problem as well. Let me know in case it ever occurs again. :)

• I'm having issues the with batch render view not matching the sketchup saved scene

I was using Enscape 2.8.0+26218

The Batch Render used to be a life saver. Now, Im having to rendering each scene and takes forver. ( There times the Enscape will crash after exporting 3 scenes)

Following this thread - I've installed the preview and still same results ( Reset to default presets - So no change in FOV)

Please help!!

Also - Not sure if this is the right thread to make requests.

Few things

- Is there a way to to render grass on walls.

- Is there a way to create flames / fire ?

Thanks

• Official Post

I'm sorry to hear about that - can you then please send in a feedback report, especially since it crashes your Enscape too:
    https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Simply include a link to this thread for reference purposes in the submission form.

Also, there is currently no way to really apply walls on grass, what is your use case for this? Then I can forward it as feedback. :)

Finally, with 2.9 we'll support animated textures - this will make flames / fires more easy to do, meanwhile you may wanna check out this thread for example:

Fire test