Wind effect not working?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I just installed 2.8 and dropped a few standard asset trees into my scene. No tree motion when the screen is static, but the trees sway only when I move around in the scene? Is there a toggle or setting to enable trees to move in the scene when static? Or, is this just a release bug? Using Enscape trees btw.

• Official Post

I just installed 2.8 and dropped a few standard asset trees into my scene. No tree motion when the screen is static, but the trees sway only when I move around in the scene? Is there a toggle or setting to enable trees to move in the scene when static? Or, is this just a release bug? Using Enscape trees btw.

At the moment they will only move when there is also movement involved, and when you create a video in general. This is mainly due to performance reason - I reckon you would like to have switch which makes them constantly blow in the wind? :) I'll gladly file that as a feature request then.

• A switch added to the Visual Settings would be a good option I think. That way you could use static screen images "live" for client review. This is a useful option when doing dynamic design on screen. Motion videos are not that useful for dynamic review sessions. Adding an option to turn the sway "on or off" for a session would be beneficial and add greater flexibility. Thanks!

• In our practice it's much much more common to take the the client through the live model (stopping at various stops to discuss the design) then presenting a video.

It's much less work then recording a video, and the experience is more free, engaging and more immersive for the clients.

Also, I could imagine at some presentations just have the enscape model playing on a fixed shot, and having the clouds roll by slowly.

• Official Post

Thank you very much for your feedback. As mentioned by MatthiasL , this is something which has been requested before a couple of times - I'm further adding your upvotes to that topic to state the further demand for this implementation.

• Demian Gutberlet - That motion feature is one of the nice touches you get with TwinMotion rendering software. It brings MUCH more realism to a live still shot as you "walk" through your scene dynamically. Other examples would be TV or Computer monitors running video during your live walk through. It's great for a video presentation, but, allowing the client to have the option of going wherever they want during a presentation is much more powerful than simply showing a pre-rendered video clip. Implementing this option would make this software SO MUCH MORE attractive to the TwinMotion/Lumion type users out there.

As you suggested earlier, adding a toggle so the user can enable/disable live motion within a walkthrough mode could fit the bill and allow folks who don't have PC's with the horsepower needed to opt out to retain system performance.

Thanks for entertaining the ideas...we all want the software to get better as it progresses and develops.

• Official Post

Great feedback, thank you so much akonius . As always, I'll forward it as well, everything will be noted down when it comes to valuable feedback being submitted by our users. :thumbup:What I can tell you already, is that we'll definitely implement animated textures, when it comes to a toggle for the wind and clouds and such, that is a bit more of a tricky topic since when you stand still we add some further improvements to the scene, which would not be possible if something is still moving in the scene. Still, we'll see what we can do!