Reset all Normal maps?

• Hey everyone,

I am now working with 2.8 for two days and I wondered. Do I have to resave all the textures to get the normal mapping to 100%? Because this is correct when I hit 'reset to default' but out of my self-made library it is first automatically set to 0% (while in 2.7 it was applied correctly)

• DeKoetsier

Changed the title of the thread from “Reset all enscape materials?” to “Reset all Normal maps?”.
  • Hey everyone,

I am now working with 2.8 for two days and I wondered. Do I have to resave all the textures to get the normal mapping to 100%? Because this is correct when I hit 'reset to default' but out of my self-made library it is first automatically set to 0% (while in 2.7 it was applied correctly)

Thanks for your inquiry - I'm afraid I may still be bit confused, did those parameters simply change when you upgraded to 2.8? Every Normal map slider is set to 0% after upgrading? And from 2.6 to 2.7 these values stayed the same?

• Thnx Demian, for your response. I started using enscape during 2.7 without sliders for normal maps. Applying a normal map resulted in correct usage.

With 2.8 these pre saved materials are now all resetted to 0% (normal slider)

• DeKoetsier , I see now, thanks for clearing it up. :) In this case you may have to go into the settings and briefly up the slider - would that be a huge problem? If so I can also escalate it to our developers. But, a fix for this may then take a while to implement, if it's even possible to do so technically in retrospect.