Wind problem on trees. Enscape 2.8.0, Revit

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi, good morning,

I have installed the Enscape last version 2.8, In my Revit 2019. When I make a video the trees are shaking very very fast with a strange behaviour. The result isn't acceptable. It is strange because when I flying looking around the project, the trees moves properly with the wind. But when I preview a video or when I render a video they move different, too shaky. It isn't the wind speed, because I have it in 20%.

Another thing is that i have noticed that some asset trees have disappeared with this last version. What a pity, but I guess this is for another forum issue.

Thanks,

• Hello,

Have you tried just setting the wind speed to 0%? Moving grass and trees is a nice touch, but not all that important, as in, people will not miss it if it's not there. And when it is there, (I have not yet had a presentation with clients since this was implemented though), I don't think people will really pay much attention to it. Things like this I have realized over there years are things we as the designers/ artists appreciate, and the every day person would hardly take any notice of, if at all. For me things like moving fire and specially moving/ running water (waterfall effect) would be a big deal.

I know this is not a solution, but it's what I would do if I experience the same problem, at least for in the mean time. I've also noticed that not all vegetation get's affected by wind, I suppose, as of yet.

• Hello,

Have you tried just setting the wind speed to 0%? Moving grass and trees is a nice touch, but not all that important, as in, people will not miss it if it's not there. And when it is there, (I have not yet had a presentation with clients since this was implemented though), I don't think people will really pay much attention to it. Things like this I have realized over there years are things we as the designers/ artists appreciate, and the every day person would hardly take any notice of, if at all. For me things like moving fire and specially moving/ running water (waterfall effect) would be a big deal.

I know this is not a solution, but it's what I would do if I experience the same problem, at least for in the mean time. I've also noticed that not all vegetation get's affected by wind, I suppose, as of yet.

This is what i have done for the moment, set the wind speed to 0%. But I think that Enscape probably want to know if we have problems with the new Enscape 2.8 version. And furthermore I would like to play with wind settings because now we have the opportunity to do it. For the moment i will have to wait to do it.

Thanks for your answer!

• Official Post

Hi pristol

thanks for your report! Are you doing a timelapse in your video? That could explain that behavior - as when the time of day is moving fast animations are sped up as well. Can you share a video with us?

• This is what i have done for the moment, set the wind speed to 0%. But I think that Enscape probably want to know if we have problems with the new Enscape 2.8 version. And furthermore I would like to play with wind settings because now we have the opportunity to do it. For the moment i will have to wait to do it.

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, you are right. It's a feature now so would be nice to have it work correctly.

• This is what i have done for the moment, set the wind speed to 0%. But I think that Enscape probably want to know if we have problems with the new Enscape 2.8 version. And furthermore I would like to play with wind settings because now we have the opportunity to do it. For the moment i will have to wait to do it.

Thanks for your answer!

• Any chance to disable/fix dependency of wind and time during videos?

I've also noted that sky movement is now linked to the wind as well and during time-lapse videos with fixed wind to 0% - it's really unnatural and ugly to see the vivid animation capturing shadow and light changes while at the same time trees and sky are frozen and still...

I would really like to see that wind percentage is not linked with time or that wind feature fixed in the way that wind percentage is the same weather you render stills or videos (e.g when wind percentage is set to 30% and you're making time-lapse - the wind is 30% during the entire timeline and not dependent of it...similarly as Lumion does)

• Hi pristol

thanks for your report! Are you doing a timelapse in your video? That could explain that behavior - as when the time of day is moving fast animations are sped up as well. Can you share a video with us?

It happened to me the same but just with a video and not timelaps. I've solved the problem setting the wind speed at 0, but it's a pity I cannot use this new feature.

Moreover, are you planning to improve the grass issue of the 2.8 version? it generates some holes and also the height I think should be possible to set at a lower value. Thanks

• Agree on both items... Wind / water should have it own INTERNAL CLOCK while the TIME OF DAY runs independently...

So we can use TIME LAPSE AND wind at the same time...

Note: I use timelapse to put the sun in the best position for viewing during a WALK THRU .mov....

Also, the grass far inferior to previous versions... Much more "CLUMPY" and distracting...

Still wishing there was also PUTTING GREEN as a grass type... VERY SHORT....

Still LOVING Enscape!... keep up the good work!