Sketchup Rendering

• Well - here is my latest render.

Couple of things I would like:

• I would like to be able to produce a set of images of our equipment like this but without a sky. Just a colored or transparent background but with the lighting line is in this image.
    • I would then like to give the user the ability to view this in full 3D (rotate, pan, zoom).
    • I would like to be able to add some text or descriptive information (not the highest priority though).

Like Nielven , can't wait for upcoming versions to "see what is next".

• Great images!

ntxdave: You find a white background skybox here: https://enscape3d.com/free-sample-revit-projects/ You can replace the sky with any HDR or LDR skybox you want. The ability to give it to someone with full 3D navigation is possible using the EXE export - although it's not included in the trial version. https://enscape3d.com/knowledgebase/standalone-export/

You can check the dev. agenda to see what's coming next: https://trello.com/b/xqBOhUIf/…-agenda-www-enscape3d-com

• You should use a fixed exposure to make the background really white, instead of grey.

Dave, the problem with using a flat white skybox is it gives blown out and flat reflections.

That's true. Another solution would be to export a screenshot with a normal sky and check the checkbox to include a background mask. You can then simply replace the background in Photoshop with real (1,1,1) white or whatever you like. I agree it would be a great solution to do it in-program.

• You should use a fixed exposure to make the background really white, instead of grey.

What do you mean by fixed exposure? I do not see any setting anywhere for that.......

Another solution would be to export a screenshot with a normal sky and check the checkbox to include a background mask. You can then simply replace the background in Photoshop with real (1,1,1) white or whatever you like.

I do not have Photoshop so I tried with Xara but when I open the png file I only see one layer so I could not accomplish changing the background.

Solo, I understand and agree with your statement as well.

I think for what I am trying to do with this type of image, Enscape is not going to be the solution (at least for the near future). I want to be able to build a catalog of all of the equipment we have to offer that will allow me to show each piece of equipment in a 3D environment on a web page.

I do think there is a tremendous amount of potential for showing various completed car washes and/or layouts with walk through capabilities though.

That said, I would suggest that you take all of this stuff I have added under this thread and move it somewhere more appropriate. It does not belong in the Gallery.

• ntxdave, let me show you what I mean.

Let's say you see this in Enscape:

Fixed exposure means to deactivate the automatic exposure, combined with a white skybox you get this (s. below). You an also tune the sun intensity to match the shadow intensity.

But Solo is right, sometimes the reflections become a bit too "flat" because they now show the plain-white background. That's why you can enable "export additional background mask" in the capturing settings. It gives you that when exporting an image:

Combined in an image editing, you get this one here. I also added a bit of Photoshop drop shadow.

So it depends: If you need it quick, a white background is enough with the right exposure. If you want something else than white in your reflections, use the mask an do the compositing. One step more, but you can achieve the results very quickly.

• Dave, as mentioned above, set up your view, choose a skybox you like for good reflections, enable additional alpha mask on export and then in you photo editor mask in a background of your choice, I just kept the black for this example.

Snapshot

The alpha mask

The final image once masked in photo editor.

What would be awesome and may I suggest a feature is making the exported image already masked, so background is clipped already, like most render engines, and also having that available for animations as I'd like that for basic product turntable style animations (basic spin which I another feature for the future, creating a 360 degree camera around a target)

• OK - I have a mask but I do not know how to use it. I do not have Photoshop. I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer.

What would be awesome and may I suggest a feature is making the exported image already masked, so background is clipped already, like most render engines, and also having that available for animations as I'd like that for basic product turntable style animations (basic spin which I another feature for the future, creating a 360 degree camera around a target)

Solo, I think we are kind of on the same page here. I would like to be able to present show a product in a 360 degree format on a web page (not a movie).