New Version: 2.1

• We just released the new Enscape version 2.1.1!

Have a look at the blog post to see a list of changes:

https://enscape3d.com/enscape-version-2-1-released/

There are several options to upgrade:

• Follow the link in your trial registration email
    • Click the update link in the in-program notification
    • Open the "About" window and click the Download Area link

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

Update: We released a hotfix release, 2.1.1. It will not show up as a notification bubble inside of Enscape, because it only contains special fixes. They include:

• Instabilities when using SpaceMouse with Rhino
    • Blurry image under motion
    • Area lights in Rhino could sometimes be handled incorrectly
  • josephkim626 If you have an older version of Enscape installed, you should uninstall the old version with admin permissions. In addition you need admin permissions to install the VC++ redistributable, unless it's already installed. And of course you need admin permissions to install for all users. You shouldn't need admin permissions for anything else.

Do you get some kind of error message during installation or do you have otherwise erroneous behaviour?

• It doesn't seem to install on the profile without admin rights unlike it was described on the release.

Otherwise it works well. Well done team!

Hi Joseph,

Although it pops up asking for admin rights to install, if you just click 'no' it will install anyway. This only works if installing for a single user and not "anyone who uses this computer".

• josephkim626 If you have an older version of Enscape installed, you should uninstall the old version with admin permissions. In addition you need admin permissions to install the VC++ redistributable, unless it's already installed. And of course you need admin permissions to install for all users. You shouldn't need admin permissions for anything else.

Do you get some kind of error message during installation or do you have otherwise erroneous behaviour?

Thank you for the response Simon.

I was only attempting the install on my user profile only.

It was the "uninstaller" that was asking for admin account details which I had clicked No, and the version was not updated even though the installer said it was completed.

I will proceed with IT this time.

Thank you

--edit

Had noticed that the Revit's Enscape was indeed updated as 2.1 version whilst SketchUp stayed as 2.0.

Everything is fine when installed with Admin rights. All running at 2.1 version.

• Hi, Is the new version able to match the Sketchup view? Able to easily make changes after the enscape output could be powerful to this program. Now we cant do much to the rendering and very hard to edit in PS.

Or at least a diffuse layer so we can select things easily

• Hi all,

Just upgraded to the new version and looks great.

I have noticed though that the sun is now appearing from an incorrect location (it was previously correct), I presume I am missing a tick box somewhere that allows it to read the Revit file location / orientation? Would be great if someone could assist with resolving this!

Best,

Richard

• Resolved the above, in case it is of interest - It appeared that the view sun settings were reset by the update. I reset the sun settings and made sure a specific time and date was allocated and all is working again.

Cheers,

Richard

• At the latest preview version I have seen the nice animation between defined views. Helps a lot to keep the orientation in the space. Thank you.

Could it be possible to use a shortcut to jump to the next or previous saved camera view? For example per Ctrl+ArrowKey. So, during a presentation the user jump through all views without to fiddle with the mouse and the thumbnail menu. Also the thumbnail previews could stay hidden for to snoopy audiencer.

• Could it be possible to use a shortcut to jump to the next or previous saved camera view? For example per Ctrl+ArrowKey. So, during a presentation the user jump through all views without to fiddle with the mouse and the thumbnail menu. Also the thumbnail previews could stay hidden for to snoopy audiencer.

That's possible already: Just use your page-up/down keys to switch between views :)

• Hello - We have recently installed v2.1 and it is consistently crashing my computer after about 20 seconds of use. I have tried it on models of various sizes and complexity and continue to have the same result. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled, with no change. Is this something that others are seeing as well. Enscape has become a vital part of our practice, but at the moment, it is unusable. Thoughts?