White Mode Rendering Contest - Vote Now! (Closed)

• Who shall win 1 out of 3 Enscape packages? Which rendering to like the most? 195

1. Steven Garubba (12) 6%
    2. The Pixel Artist (5) 3%
    3. MatthiasL (1) 1%
    4. angielxf (2) 1%
    5. arch.mancini (2) 1%
    6. Vlad Moldovan (5) 3%
    7. Yuri.Ismalova (8) 4%
    8. JesusVargas (2) 1%
    9. thanhchuong (1) 1%
    10. tas_1985 (14) 7%
    11. Dadi (2) 1%
    12. yangshuojin (2) 1%
    13. datxd791 (70) 36%
    14. MTH (0) 0%
    15. ART ZAM (0) 0%
    16. arqcova (1) 1%
    17. tagounits samir (2) 1%
    18. m4m3ts (2) 1%
    19. pedrinalex (1) 1%
    20. D.bagherzadeh (5) 3%
    21. Race Padilla (0) 0%
    22. EGIE (0) 0%
    23. Elnata Fernandes (14) 7%
    24. philips2rhym (0) 0%
    25. Kylie Garubba (5) 3%
    26. Willvsfood (0) 0%
    27. QuangVinh-Zin (16) 8%
    28. Kiran_raj (1) 1%
    29. Otavio Oliveira (7) 4%
    30. salonzo (1) 1%
    31. edgar.navas (1) 1%
    32. williamVP (4) 2%
    33. AntonioMRaimundo (0) 0%
    34. le graf (40) 21%

Dear Forum Community,

Now, that the White Mode Rendering Contest is officially over, you'll find all wonderful submissions down below. Voting is done via the Poll! To make it a bit more exciting, everyone will have two votes in total, since I understand that it's also hard to only pick one given the quality of what has been sent in.

Just as a reminder what the prices are:

First Place:

USB Stick, T-Shirt, Mug, Lanyard, Notepad, Mousepad, Enscape Cubes (squishy), Pen, VR Cardboard, Magnet, Stickers

Second place:

USB Stick, T-Shirt, Mug, Lanyard, Notepad, Mousepad, Enscape Cubes (squishy), Pen, VR Cardboard, Magnet, Stickers

Third place:

USB Stick , T-Shirt, Lanyard, Notepad, Mousepad, Enscape Cubes (squishy), Pen, VR Cardboard, Magnet, Stickers

The voting will end on 5th of August just before midnight.

• Hi Enscape team

I have a little question. Does Enscape team have any new accounts created after this voting period? While the rewards are not great, do they need to be fair? Because I think there are some posts that are not too prominent compared to the other posts that have more than 20 votes. That is just my personal opinion:)

• Hi Enscape team

I have a little question. Does Enscape team have any new accounts created after this voting period? While the rewards are not great, do they need to be fair? Because I think there are some posts that are not too prominent compared to the other posts that have more than 20 votes. That is just my personal opinion:)

I have a similar opinion. In any case, there is a difference in the quality of the works, but this number of differences in the votes is not logical!

• Hola equipo enscape

Tengo una pequeña pregunta. ¿El equipo de Enscape tiene cuentas nuevas creadas después de este período de votación? Si bien las recompensas no son excelentes, ¿deben ser justas? Porque creo que hay algunas publicaciones que no son demasiado prominentes en comparación con otras publicaciones que tienen más de 20 votos. Esa es solo mi opinión personal:)

Hola a todos. Espero que el comentario sobre la "abundancia" de votos no me esté aludiendo. (jajaja, es broma) No sé quién es el despistado que votó por mí. Hice mención en mi muro sobre el concurso y mi participación. Y si alguien más hizo lo mismo (lo cual, creo, no está prohibido) y fue el caso que se registraron y votaron (que tampoco está prohibido), ¿cuál sería el problema?

probablemente para concursos posteriores, hay una manera de permitir votos solo a miembros con cierta antigüedad o nivel de participación activa en el mismo foro. lo que sea. Aprendí mucho en este concurso, me divertí, me estresé. Y terminé contento con mi (hasta ahora) voto único.

Saludos

Pedro

• I also think like you - that would be fairer

• Thank you all for your concerns, I highly appreciate it. Through this forum, there is actually a way to mark users, even if just internally, after they have signed up for x amount of days. Afterward the poll itself can be made accessible only for those marked users. I will definitely implement this for the next upcoming contest, it seems to not really be possible nor ideal for this current poll/contest and I hope that it won't be necessary at least for now.

EDIT: I've received a few concerns now regarding the current poll system - Please be aware that any form of cheating will be can and will result in a ban from this forum. This is a harsh warning, but I take this seriously to keep everything fair for everyone. I hope you will all understand that. :)

Furthermore, the next Poll itself will not allow any votes from users which just signed up - this will greatly reduce any possibility of unfair actions.

After this poll is closed, I will also have a close look at the winners themselves and where the votes were coming from, and if there is anything which seems rather off, then we'll have to consider giving the price to the next candidate with fewer votes which would've won.

• It's not about anyone breaking the rules of the contest itself, but it's about creating new accounts and voting through them for example (which would be cheating, and not just breaking any rules), which is why only users with a specific amount of days after signing up will be able to vote in future polls. :) Since this is the first contest after #EnscapeUnwrapped, I'm closely listening to the community's feedback to see how these contests can be improved even further. :thumbup:

• It's not about anyone breaking the rules of the contest itself, but it's about creating new accounts and voting through them for example (which would be cheating, and not just breaking any rules), which is why only users with a specific amount of days after signing up will be able to vote in future polls.

Hi Demian, I see your point.

Your are rigth, creating accounts only for voting is cheating.

It hapen in this case? Is any way to check that in your forum? Users with same IP adress?

Regards.

• Not really and suspicious activity at the moment, but dear le graf already mentioned that through his own forum some users came here to vote for him. That is okay since he also told me that he doesn't need to accept the price if he wins one, and that this price can be given to the winner below. Since there were no specific rules set in place when it comes to external users voting their favorite though, we'll have to see. :)

• Not really and suspicious activity at the moment, but dear le graf already mentioned that through his own forum some users came here to vote for him. That is okay since he also told me that he doesn't need to accept the price if he wins one, and that this price can be given to the winner below. Since there were no specific rules set in place when it comes to external users voting their favorite though, we'll have to see. :)

Hi Demian

if I got correctly, I can share the link of this Contest on my Instagram and invite people to vote me?

• ;);) hmm - all this has nothing to do with a competition anymore and since I assume, that we all have enough own usb-sticks or t-shirts, I could also live well with the simple sharing of these topic-related contributions, because all shared contributions here are so good :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But if you you want a voting anyway, why not only within the participating people then?

again - completely detached from the questionable voting result here - I like all the contributions 8):thumbup:

• I always liked the way you explained, Demian Gutberlet. In my opinion there should be prizes for users to vote and the enscape team chosen will be more attractive. Each contest always aims to exchange rather than win. Thank you to enscape for always creating a playground for us. And importantly, you always listen to us:thumbup:

I found out that my votes in the post went up from 42 to 70 in 6 hours - ask the admin to see who spammed my vote, and I don't want that, I want the contest to not cheat here

• Thank you so much everyone for participating in both the voting, and sending in all these fantastic White Mode renderings. This Thread will now be closed and the winners will be contacted accordingly. :)

We'll still have to look into who will get the actual prices, since there have been some external votes coming in, but we didn't specify that this was not allowed so we'll discuss that internally.

Still, this was a great learning experience and with the next contest there'll be more fixed rules to avoid any form of cheating / receiving easy votes from external sources which would not be entirely fair in my opinion.

Again, I cannot state enough how thankful I am that you all participated - stay tuned for a further contest soon and have a great start into the week! :thumbup:

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “White Mode Rendering Contest - Vote Now!” to “White Mode Rendering Contest - Vote Now! (Closed)”.