What is the most efficient way to work when the finishing materials are different in and out?

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Unfortunately Enscape doesn't reflect materials as you see in Rhino as you probably already know. It is such a cumbersome and convoluted way, but I have been extracting each surface, change materials on each surface, and group them. Hope someone has a better idea. It's a rendering engine, but it can't handle materials. I really hope that someone tells me I'm wrong.

• Goodmorning - I think I am right in saying that when it comes to materials in Rhino, we are somewhat limited by what is available in the API from Rhino, which is one reason why we provided the Enscape Material Editor.

Kwangmin - I am not sure i understand your image correctly though. Are you saying that surface a, b, and c all have different materials assigned in Rhino,? Or are you talking about applying different materials to each side of a surface? Some clarification would be really helpful in allowing me to better understand your request.

• Goodmorning - I think I am right in saying that when it comes to materials in Rhino, we are somewhat limited by what is available in the API from Rhino, which is one reason why we provided the Enscape Material Editor.

Kwangmin - I am not sure i understand your image correctly though. Are you saying that surface a, b, and c all have different materials assigned in Rhino,? Or are you talking about applying different materials to each side of a surface? Some clarification would be really helpful in allowing me to better understand your request.

Pete,

If Enscape is limited on that aspect, do you think it won't be resolved?

different materials to each side of a surface, I'm currently applying different finishes after splitting my face into extractsrf. I think this work is the most efficient. Is there any other way?

• different materials to each side of a surface, I'm currently applying different finishes after splitting my face into extractsrf. I think this work is the most efficient. Is there any other way?

by the way

Separate material on Polysurfaces

It would be the same question that I posted. Other people are also frustrated it's not possible to assign different materials on each surface of a polysurface.