Is anybody successfully using a 3Dconnexion Spacemouse Wireless with the Revit/Enscape combo?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi, a couple of months ago I purchased a Spacemouse wireless to use with Enscape and it works great in Enscape but keeps dropping out in Revit. When it drops out in Revit it also drops out in Enscape but then I just close and reopen Enscape and it's all good from there but no longer works in Revit. Closing revit resets it but then it just drops out again from anywhere to a few minutes to an hour or so. If i just leave Revit in a dropped out state and restart Enscape it will not drop out at all in Enscape. I also got a Cadmouse at the same time and it loses all addtional functions above standard mouse function when the spacemouse drops out. I've tested this on two computers and have even gone to the extent of reinstalling windows on one of them to try and fix this. 3Dconnexion have been no help and no one on the Autodesk Revit forum appears to use a spacemouse. So if you use one, can you let me know what version of Revit you are using, and what version of the 3Dconnnexion driver you have installed. Mine is Revit 2020 and the driver is the latest one - 10.6.9.

• Official Post

Hi, a couple of months ago I purchased a Spacemouse wireless to use with Enscape and it works great in Enscape but keeps dropping out in Revit. When it drops out in Revit it also drops out in Enscape but then I just close and reopen Enscape and it's all good from there but no longer works in Revit. Closing revit resets it but then it just drops out again from anywhere to a few minutes to an hour or so. If i just leave Revit in a dropped out state and restart Enscape it will not drop out at all in Enscape. I also got a Cadmouse at the same time and it loses all addtional functions above standard mouse function when the spacemouse drops out. I've tested this on two computers and have even gone to the extent of reinstalling windows on one of them to try and fix this. 3Dconnexion have been no help and no one on the Autodesk Revit forum appears to use a spacemouse. So if you use one, can you let me know what version of Revit you are using, and what version of the 3Dconnnexion driver you have installed. Mine is Revit 2020 and the driver is the latest one - 10.6.9.

We're aware of these issues - please refer to this thread:

3D Connexion Space Mouse

:) I'll keep you posted and provide some further news as soon as possible.

• I really thought this was an issue with Revit or 3Dconnexion but after reading your reply I uninstalled Enscape and have been using Revit for the last 6 hours with no drop outs. This is such a shame as Enscape is where the spacemouse is the most benefit and it's the main reason I purchased it. Once used to it there's no going back to keyboard navigation in Enscape. It's so clunky in comparison.

• Official Post

I really thought this was an issue with Revit or 3Dconnexion but after reading your reply I uninstalled Enscape and have been using Revit for the last 6 hours with no drop outs. This is such a shame as Enscape is where the spacemouse is the most benefit and it's the main reason I purchased it. Once used to it there's no going back to keyboard navigation in Enscape. It's so clunky in comparison.

I totally understand that. I'll let you know as soon as possible when this is resolved.