Enscape automatically replaces albedo maps

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • After updating to version 2.8 I have been encountering this issue frequently: Enscape automatically replaces albedo map by another ones, whereas in Sketchup all textures are correctly displayed. This happened after I closed a file and open it the next time. While it can be solved by relinking the albedo maps manually, it will become a nuisance in the long term. Any one faced the same issue like me?
    I am using Sketchup 2019 Ver 19.3.253

• Official Post

metaman , I'm sorry to hear about this problem!

Is there any chance what so ever that you could share that project with me? If you still experience these issues then that would be great for investigation/troubleshooting purposes. Let me know if that is possible, you can then simply upload it to wetransfer.com for example and send me the link to it via DM. :)

• Demian Gutberlet I would say that this issue is seen in different files, and I still experience the issue. When I tried to send you a private message, there was a notice like that: "Demian Gutberlet is already participating in too many conversations and cannot be added" Could you please suggest another way to send you a message? Can I drop you a download link via social media, such as facebook?

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet I would say that this issue is seen in different files, and I still experience the issue. When I tried to send you a private message, there was a notice like that: "Demian Gutberlet is already participating in too many conversations and cannot be added" Could you please suggest another way to send you a message? Can I drop you a download link via social media, such as facebook?

I'm sorry about that! You can now feel free to send me a direct message as I've cleared my inbox. Thank you so much in advance.

• I just want to say that we see this issue from time to time as well. When starting Enscape, some textures are randomly replaced with something else...for example some small texture from a linked file in the model.

We have tried renaming the materials and texutes involved, but with no luck. Only an manual relink will do the trick, but is does not solve the problem the next time you Launch Enscape.

• Assuming I use the Albedo as the bump: When the colour balance (HSL) of the master albedo texture is changed, the associated colour balance (therefore contrast and bump definition) is changed with it. I want the bump to remain tied to the texture as it was when I set the bump McDVOICE

• Same problem here ever since upgrading to 2.8

I did send a report but the only reply I received was : "Unfortunately, since version 2.8 we have stopped supporting SketchUp versions older than 2018, so we can no longer guarantee that Enscape will work in the version of SketchUp that you are using. " ...

I use 2017, and it seems it is not limited to a specific sketchup version...

• Official Post

I just want to say that we see this issue from time to time as well. When starting Enscape, some textures are randomly replaced with something else...for example some small texture from a linked file in the model.

We have tried renaming the materials and texutes involved, but with no luck. Only an manual relink will do the trick, but is does not solve the problem the next time you Launch Enscape.

Could you send in a feedback report please Herbo and include a link to this thread for reference lease? :) Which version of SketchUp are you using?

Furthermore, immarkkim , I'll re-check the report - can you briefly send me a DM with your e-mail used to submit that report so I that I can quickly find it in our system? Thank you in advance!