Render Panorama

• Hello,

Just an idea, what about having a Render Panorama/ for Cardboard, in a inverse manner as an option? Right now it does exactly what it needs to do, to render a panorama. Meaning render 360 from a central point around. But how about we could have a central point it renders around instead, also? This could be nice for sending a link to someone, they open it on their phone, and could move their phone, or more importantly, scroll with their finger around a house, being able to zoom in where they like around it etc. Or is that what the video render is for anyway? Because I know with a video you can control the movement also on your phone, but it starts of playing automatically and having to explain that to people is a little nuisance, and frankly, many people are not very tech savvy.

Would this be something to look in to?

• Hello,

Just an idea, what about having a Render Panorama/ for Cardboard, in a inverse manner as an option? Right now it does exactly what it needs to do, to render a panorama. Meaning render 360 from a central point around. But how about we could have a central point it renders around instead, also? This could be nice for sending a link to someone, they open it on their phone, and could move their phone, or more importantly, scroll with their finger around a house, being able to zoom in where they like around it etc. Or is that what the video render is for anyway? Because I know with a video you can control the movement also on your phone, but it starts of playing automatically and having to explain that to people is a little nuisance, and frankly, many people are not very tech savvy.

Would this be something to look in to?

That's a very, very interesting suggestion, thank you so much. :) This is something I can gladly file and forward as a feature request since this has not been directly been requested before. But yeah, in the meantime a video could be used for that as well, having a camera path around a building for example, and then the user can just scroll through it back and forth in the final video. Still, your request would provide more control overall.