EXE standalone VR, cud be nice if you could export a file for oculus quest or other VR googles

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

I am looking to find a way to export a standalone file, so it can be used with ovulus quest or another VR headset.

Don't know if there is a workaround, but it would be a nice way to introduse a client to a projekt offline, without needing a pc.

something we can see in the future? :)

Definitely something I can see coming in the future, especially once an Oculus Quest (or another standalone vr headset) is released with better than smartphone hardware (or of course smartphone hardware that is powerful enough), so that Enscape standalones can run directly inside the headset, even if just in Draft/Medium Rendering Quality in the beginning. :)

Another solution, which will require a PC though, would be using the Quest wirelessly, but then you'd also need a good internet connection at the clients place. This would still help with avoiding cables that can reduce the immersion. Just so you're aware that this is an option if this is new to you!

Summed up, the future is holding a lot of great things when it comes to VR in general like better displays, no cables, standalone hardware, even better room-tracking etc.

• Definitely something I can see coming in the future, especially once an Oculus Quest (or another standalone vr headset) is released with better than smartphone hardware (or of course smartphone hardware that is powerful enough), so that Enscape standalones can run directly inside the headset, even if just in Draft/Medium Rendering Quality in the beginning. :)

Another solution, which will require a PC though, would be using the Quest wirelessly, but then you'd also need a good internet connection at the clients place. This would still help with avoiding cables that can reduce the immersion. Just so you're aware that this is an option if this is new to you!

Summed up, the future is holding a lot of great things when it comes to VR in general like better displays, no cables, standalone hardware, even better room-tracking etc.

It is nice to hear you could see it in the future.

about the one where you run it with the PC and the wireless Quest, can you do that with the exe standalone or du jo need to do it through sketchup and Enscape?

:)

• +1 for a oculus quest app - I understand the hardware limitations but maybe a "light" rendering would be a start

Working with a competitors app & SketchUp models on a Quest with meeting functionality I can only vouch from experience for the power of a mobile headset for meetings. This requires casting the headsets view to an ipad via app or chromecast of course. Anything rendered on the quest can unfortunately not be compared to the visual quality of Enscape running on a PC. Just looks so much better.

I still prefer running Enscape live over a laptop plugged into the oculus quest with the USB-C charging cable. This is a good compromise between quality and mobility. Make sure you install the oculus PC app and enable oculus link in the quest. The huge advantage is that setting up the play area is 100x faster than with a traditional headset where you need to set up base stations, fiddle with power and cables, measure the room etc.

So the .exes you produce already have the VR module built in, run it on the laptop serving as mirrored screen for bystanders and use the Quest with the charging cable (works fine) or invest in the overpowered/longer one sold by oculus. (I haven't tried the .exe but should work the same way as Enscape running live)

One last question to Enscape - are you working on a meeting functionality or is that in the far distance?

• LEGOsketcher Meeting functionality/ multiplayer VR sessions are generally on our development agenda as feature requests, and we are very aware of the high interest in these. At this point I couldn't say more than that it is on our radar and we are evaluating the feature. But I have upvoted the feature request for this on your behalf.

• about the one where you run it with the PC and the wireless Quest, can you do that with the exe standalone or du jo need to do it through sketchup and Enscape?

:)

Maarsso You can do this with either an EXE or with SketchUp/Enscape, since with this method you are just streaming your PC into the Oculus. Check out this post for more specific information.