Lighting Reflection / Shadowing Issues on Glass --- Any Ideas on How to Fix this?

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello Enscape Community,

I have been looking through some of the latest Enscape Showcase projects and have been really blown away.
    One thing I have noticed, is many of the images seem to have fantastically smooth rich shadows and tone.

Looking back at my own renderings, I see a lot of issues with weird artifact/aliasing with illuminated glass.

This scene for example, has some interior can lights, and an exterior sun entering the scene through a glass wall.

On the glass itself, there is a repeating "jagged" or zig zag pattern forming in the self shadowing area below each mullion.

Unrelated, but I am noticing many of the enscape proxies within the scene, like the furniture, seem to have almost no shadow underneath them as well.
    What could be causing this?

I am having a hard time understanding if is a bug, an issue with my materials, or an issue with my lighting setup?

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide, it is greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

• Official Post

Thanks for your report! Can you please send me a screenshot of the material settings of the Glass itself? Also, perhaps there is a chance for you to send us this part of the project for troubleshooting? :)

• Thank you!

I can certainly send the file along if we deem it to be helpful.

In the meantime, I will put some information on the model and materials below:

The model content in question is a very simple geometry.

Its a closed polysurface (simple box) in Rhino with a thickness of 1/2"

It is not currently divided between mullions, its one large pane with mullions overlapping its geometry.

Here is an image of the scene, and the settings I have created for the glass texture.