That Enscape People Look

• Hi There!

I was just wondering if there are any tips/tricks to match my custom asset people to more resemble those provided by Enscape in the standard library.

Is there a certain workflow or series of filters you guys use on your textures for your people?

They have great watercolor painterly style that I'd like to try to match.

Also, are there any plans for an Enscape Asset Marketplace?

:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the great work - My subscription just renewed and I'm looking forward to all the upcoming new features!

• Hi JDSD_Arch_01

thanks for your feedback.

There is no special tutorial or any one solution fits all technique that I can guide you through.

But I can guarantee that the assets in our library follow physical rules to make sure they look good and correct in every light condition.

PS: I am going to forward your question about the marketplace to one of my colleagues.

Best Regards

Adrian

• Hi JSDS,

we won't prevent anyone of you from sharing your custom assets with others. But currently there are no plans for providing an Enscape platform to upload and share custom assets.

We would not be able to guarantee the necessary quality of the assets to be used with Enscape in every hardware setup. So this could lead to a huge bulk of uploaded assets with different quality standards and maybe even violate 3rd party licensing.

I don't think this would be very helpful for all of you guys.

Depending on the evolution of this feature, this could be a future topic. But not planned right now.

Best Regards

Joachim

• We would not be able to guarantee the necessary quality of the assets to be used with Enscape in every hardware setup. So this could lead to a huge bulk of uploaded assets with different quality standards and maybe even violate 3rd party licensing.

True, but this is also true for the Sketchup warehouse. The quality varies greatly and from time to time, some pirated stuff shows up on there. But still it's a incredibly popular tool for designers. I would argue that probably 90% of the sketchup enscape renders that are shared on this forum have warehouse stuff in them.

The sketchup warehouse also offers some simple tools for people to separate the good stuff from the bad. For example they show you the number of downloads, show the number of polycounts, ... Also, there's a way to flag pirated content.

But maybe this is something for the community to set up?