Cyberpunk Street

• Hi All

This is my newest personal project. I've been wanting to try out a bunch of stuff for a long time, and i figured that a Cyberpunk scene would be the perfect setting for it! My goal was to create as many effects as possible directly inside of enscape, and that is exactly what I did. Rain, smoke, fog an haze is all done directly in enscape, and not added in post. all that has been done in photoshop is a small amount of color grading.
    I wanted a very specific atmosphere and light in the scenes, and i'm really impressed at how well enscape has handled it!

models are found various places, and the scene is composed and setup myself. most of the textures, including the street are done using quixel mixer.

I hope you like it :-)

Enjoy! :-)

• Great as always, Herbo!

Thank you so much :-) I'm glad you liked it!

Incredible! Great to see what can be achieved provided the right content - must have been a ton of work. Especially loving the atmospheric lighting :thumbup:

Thank you :-) Enscape is an incredible tool, and it is quickly closing the gab to traditional offline renders, especially when you push it to the edge :-) I would love to see support for transparency when you add animated textures to the engine. that way we could make animated rain, smoke and fire as well :-)

WOW

Thank you! :-)

Impressive!

This looks absolutely brilliant!

Thank you Gemma!! :-)

You have done everything I intend to do, Herbo.

^^ congratulations on your job well done

Haha, I'm sorry i beat you to it then ;-) I'm glad you liked it though! I would still love to see your take on it :-)

• wow how did you do the rain, smoke, fog and haze directly in escape? Did you assign for example a rain bump texture to a surface with transparency? Cheers!

- The rain is done by making a bunch of regular planes standing on the ground, distributed evenly around. I've played alot with the texture itself, as you have to get the transparency, the scale and the amount of droplets right here. transparency is especially important, as it will not work to add this in the enscape material editor. this makes wrong effect. instead it should be set to the right amount in the png itself. i've also added some inpact splatter in the bottom, to emphasize the rain hitting the ground. make sure this is not making a "straight line" in the bottom of the texture, as this will show up in the renders.

The Haze around lightsources and other places are made in a similar fashion. I've made a Png with all the right settings, and then added the texture to a plane that is places in the model. here is an example from the streetlights:

The smoke effects are made in the exact same way :-)

The overall fog in the image is made as a combination of the native Enscape fog, a big png and some clever placements of lightsources :-) here you'll have to experiment! I hope this helps :-)

• Slightly off topic- how do you like Quixel compared to other options like Substance?

Incredible rendering by the way :thumbsup:

Thank you so much! i'm glad you liked it :-)

I've only played a little with substance designer before, and found it very powerful for texture painting 3d meshed directly. it really handles UV's in a great way (and can handle multiple UV's in a model too). I found though, that I really did not need to paint that many complete 3d models this way, and therefore cancelled my subscription. I then used the free alternative Armor paint a little, and its a great substitute! It is of course not as powerful as substance (especially bump-painting can be a bit tricky), but for most uses it gets the job done! it is worth checking out :-)

But now, i must admit that I almost exclusively uses Quixel Mixer for everything. It is by no means as strong as substance when it comes to painting textures directly on 3d meshes (but it CAN do it now! only one UV though), but for creating generic textures it really does not get much better/easier. and as this is what I need 90 percent of the time, it is the package i prefer. The megascans assets are fantastic, and the way you can seamlessly blend them together to whatever you need is just mindblowing :-) the library is growing rapidly, and it is not often that i find i'm missing something now.

And Mixer has been evolving at a rapid pace (almost comparable to enscape), and new features are added constantly. I dont think it will take that much time to close the gab to substance completely :-)

• Interesting. I just need materials for rendering out of Revit, so I'm not baking materials; I'll have to play with Mixer some more. I really want an easy way to make brick and stone that actually looks like what is being used on our projects.

Thanks for the feedback :)

• Hey Herbo,

Brilliant work! I really love your way playing with rain and haze inside sketchup.

I tried your rain droplet image and wanna use in my model, while the rain droplets turnout to be dark/black...

Maybe I am not fully understanding PNG texture in sketchup..

What's wrong in this step?

thanks!

• the road is very amazing so real;( want to know if there is a tutorial

• Thank you so much! well, the reason you cant get it to work, is because the image i shared here on the forum is a jpg, with a black background. This was done so you could actually see the effect (the png's with no background would have shown up as all white, almost invisible). But here is the real png's you can try out instead (they are there, but almost invisible, hehe). I hope this helps!

The images are just above from here ;-)

the road is very amazing so real;( want to know if there is a tutorial

Thank you very much! it is pretty straight forward. I've done all the textures in quixel mixer. This will give you a complete set of maps (diffuse, normal, reflection), that you can simply drop into the enscape material editor :-) There are plenty of great tutorials for quixel mixer on youtube :-)